Thread: Intranet on IE11 add data to URL

Addicted Member

Unhappy Intranet on IE11 add data to URL

I have a web-site that runs for external customers on the internet and for internal users on an intranet.

In IE11 with no compatibility mode set the intranet site asks the user to log in for every pop-up page however this is not the case with the internet.

Now if turn on the Compatiblility mode then the intranet and internet work the same in that the users do not need to log on to every pop-up page, however the site formatting in lost when the Compatibility mode is set.

In Chrome,Firefox there is no problem. I think it is something to do with the security and zones but have tried everything.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
    Control Data Systems
    www.members.shaw.ca/cdsystems

King of sapila

Re: Intranet on IE11 add data to URL

Haven't used IE11....Hold, ave used it in a friend of mine's PC but...Ok hold again i used the PC but Firefox not IE11...
    Anyhow, i know that the pop's will be there for mode authentication Windows. Try to lower the security level on IE11(if they haven't "extinguished" that also, on local intranet and also try to add the site to the trusted sites list.See how it goes.
    P.S. I'm assuming you use the same site for local and internet users, right? So it is forms security set on web.config(?).
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·