Thread: Speeding up loading of banner in joomla-created website

Speeding up loading of banner in joomla-created website

Here's the site for you to look at: http://rodelio.byethost10.com/

We have to use a custom template and it looks like it has got some bugs. As you will notice the images does not load properly upon hitting the site, what could be the problem and probable solution for this?

Thanks a lot!
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Re: Speeding up loading of banner in joomla-created website

What do you mean by "the images does not load properly upon hitting the site"? The images look fine too me!
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

King of sapila

Images show on the page one below the other on page load before become a menu.
    I think is highly unlikable for someone to say, unless they have used joomla before and know the features.
    From what is seems here is the banners is loading in it's true form and after that Javascript(menu) takes over to bring it to the desired menu shape.
    Since i haven't used joomla, my suggestion may not be possible but what i would have done is
    1) init the menu Javascript before any images are loaded. For that there are 3 ways i know of:Jquery document).ready() ,or .on and putting javascript into the header section. So if there is some JS menu code in the joomla page then trying to put it on the header would be an attempt.
    2)my concern since we an image may not exist to get the handle before load is that you will get a null.In that case i am thinking on another solution. Hide all the images on page load and when page finishes loading replace the hidden image attribute to visible.Here i don't know how the menu will react.
    3)Change the whole menu with a new one.

Anyhow as i've said the main issue here is that the images get's displayed before Javascript can take over and "menu" them. IS there any option on the menu to preload images?
    Last edited by sapator; Jun 30th, 2014 at 04:53 AM.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Upon inspecting the code I find that the javascripts are loaded first in the head before displaying the banners. For your suggestion #2, how do I hide and display the images?
    Regards,

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

King of sapila

You can put in the image attribute ( i think is .visible) or if Jquery is supported $("#imageid").hide();

I was able to 'hide' to images using Opacity 0 but then it seems the javascript is too slow to display them on the banner, how will I be able to determine which javascript is loading those images?
    Regards,

King of sapila

Is javascript loading the images or is javascript manipulating the images?
    I'm not sure about joomla process but you must look at the Javascript files to see what is going on.
    Have you tried a different menu?

If I understand it correctly the javascript is only manipulating the images. Nope, cannot use a different since it is a template but will try to explore if I can use another one even if it is a template.
    Regards,