Thread: [RESOLVED] Create a Maintenance Plan

Resolved [RESOLVED] Create a Maintenance Plan

I'm looking at an existing maintenance plan on one server (sql 2005) and I want to create the same plan on another server (2012). I've never created a maintenance plan before so I am looking at the existing one and figuring it out but I have a question because I don't see how to do this - I've created a Subplan called Weekly Full Backup and I want to add more "boxes" to it, so that if it fails I can run a Notify Operator Task and if it succeeds I can create a Shrink Database Task. How does on create these additional, conditional tests?

Thank you.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Re: Create a Maintenance Plan

I found I can do this via the toolbox.

However, I am stuck here: Object Collection Editor doesn't seem to be much of an editor - it won't let me change anything. I am in a Rebuild Index Task and I want to add members. When I hit the Add button, I get multiple System.Object entries. I want to change the value of each one. Does anyone know how to enable this?
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Re: Create a Maintenance Plan

Apparently, you have to do this in the dialog, not the properties, and you open the dialog by double-clicking the task.