I have been developing a game simulating the use of another operating system called "ShiftOS" in VB.Net with winforms. The desktop is a full screen borderless form overlapping the users real desktop and the game has around 15 other forms as programs within ShiftOS so far but this nunber will dramatically increase over time.

Due to some graphical limitations I am running into people from this forum have recommended I convert my project over to WPF. I would like to do this step by step. For example lets say I want to convert over the clock application. Would it be possible for me to simply open a new WPF form, copy over the controls and code then tweak everything until it runes properly? From that point could I then just remove winform controls and put in the WPF controls one by one?

What I'm asking here is: "Can I slowly convert a Winform project to WPF bit by bit rather than rewriting everything from scratch". Also I couldn't find a form load event in WPF, where do you your form load events?

Also is there any WPF control that is similar to the winforms panel?

Thanks I advance for your help.