Thread: Programming Made Easy Tutorial Kit (Made in VB) -- Who wants to join?

Threaded View

Programming Made Easy Tutorial Kit (Made in VB) -- Who wants to join?

Hi.

Im building a program made in Visual Basic .NET, very simple layout, and there are 2 roles for this project.

If you know the VB .NET language well, your welcome to help with any coding aspects there are to it (and aside from a auto update function, there wont be much)

And then the main role... TEACHERS! Anyone who thinks they are knowledgeable about a topic or language, or even program are welcome to help out!

From Visual Basic .NET, Visual Studio C#, C++ general, Objective C, Java, Lua, any programming language

From programs like Game Maker, Python, Visual Basic, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Netbeans, any programming software, easy or hard

From topics like arrays, variables, loops, networking structures, any element of programming whatsoever, specific to a language, or general (for example, no matter what language you use, creating a variable is ALWAYS done the same way, you need to give it a name, you need to declare the type (int, String, double, char, etc), you may need to set it a value. Though in some programs like VB vs Java, it is declared differently. In VB its something like Dim name as String = "Bob", in Java, its something like String name = "Bob"; )

If your interested to help with the production as a teacher, of any aspect of programming, and you got a microphone, and a video recording software, your welcome to join me. I am knowledgeable in most languages and common software of programming, and game development -- im actually a programmer myself, its a side project so...

Anyway, contact me, and we will get some stuff happening:

Email: Ask for it in comments

Or respond to this post with any questions -- We will issue this out for free on some sites, ill put it on mine, you can put it on yours, freely distribute it, and we will work on the promotion later, that parts easy (im good at marketing and selling/promotion, etc), any questions, just ask me. We will collaborate throughout the entire process, see whos covering what topics, see each persons teaching style, to see what would be better for teaching certain topics (I know some really good teachers that can teach certain subjects awesomely, but just CANNOT learn on some subjects from them) -- Its the teacher, not the student.

Also, take a minute and introduce yourself -- Your name, what languages/programs you know, maybe how many years of experience you have, your age if your cool with posting that, and maybe if you have taught or made some programs before.

Ill start.

Im Dibbie, a game developer, and general programmer, I know Java, the C family, and some smaller languages/programs like Lua, and some softwares like Blender -- in total, I have been coding for about 4 years? Now, im 17, started when I was about 9, but never did anything serious or made anything useful till about 14, I love coding, and making stuff, and innovating. I have taught a total of maybe 4 or 5 people with programming, and really got them to understand the basic concepts of Java, and C, C++, and VB.NET, they took off, and learned it quick. Some of them say im a really good teacher, my teachings make the language make sense, and they learn it so fast. I recently taught a new programmer (who started out with literally knowing ZERO knowledge on programming, I mean he didnt even know what a "value" was, like super basic stuff, no idea...), taught him basically the core stuff of programming -- statements, variables, declarations, a few general terms, debugging, code organization, classes, etc etc... In about 3 days total, so I got some decent experience.

Thanks for everyones time, regardless if your interested or not, I appreciate you taking the time to read this. Hope to speak with the community soon.
    Last edited by Dibbie; Jun 13th, 2014 at 10:08 AM.