Thread: [RESOLVED] integrating aspx page in html/php page with frames

Hybrid View

Resolved [RESOLVED] integrating aspx page in html/php page with frames

how can I integerate my aspx page into my existing php/html frameset page?
    so far I've designed the aspx page, now I need to know what to put in my button_click event.

in javascript I use this to get one textbox's text:

var t1=window.parent.text1.getText();

and this to set another textbox's text:

window.parent.text2.setText("text");

how can I tie this in to my button_click event?

King of sapila

Re: integrating aspx page in html/php page with frames

You mean Iframe?
    Please note that the pages must be in the same domain, else JS posses security restrictions.
    I'm not sure how PHP to ASPX does what you want. In aspx, i guess you could document.getElementById and get the page you want but i'm not sure if this will work on PHP, meaning if it's the same javascript for PHP and ASPX pages. If not, i think your best bet is to post this on PHP, if it works and you get an iframe back then you can post for to JS forum.
    You can try this before you go to your quest:
    Code:

var aspxIframe = document.getElementById("myaspxIDforIframe");
    var aspxIframeDoc = (aspxIframe.contentWindow || aspxIframe.contentDocument);
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Re: integrating aspx page in html/php page with frames

wether it is ASPX or PHP should be irrelevant... JS is client side, so all it sees is the rendered html on the client, it shouldn't know or care if it was processed on the server with PHP or ASPX...
    That said, and maybe I'm not seeing what the issue is, but it seems like you nee the js in a funciton, which you then call with an onClick="" method on the button.

It's been so long since I've seen anyone use frames, I've since forgotten how to access elements in other frames... but I think... THINK... you ca go through page.frames("frameid") ... I think...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: [RESOLVED] integrating aspx page in html/php page with frames

Thanks for the answers.
    I resolved it by changing the design of the frames page and putting all of the controls in the aspx page.