Thread: [VB 2008] Super simple Tetris Game

[VB 2008] Super simple Tetris Game

I built this tetris game using just the basic controls and coding you are used to, using in VB.NET. So, no complex things like graphics programming, keyboard hooks etc.

A detailed explanation of the concept and how the code works can be found here:
    https://pradeep1210.wordpress.com/20...vb-net-part-1/
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pradeep1210; Jun 2nd, 2014 at 04:10 AM. Reason: corrected the dead link.
    Pradeep, Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Please appreciate posts that have helped you by clicking icon on the left of the post.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." — Charles F. Kettering

Read articles on My Blog101 LINQ SamplesJSON ValidatorXML Schema Validator"How Do I" videos on MSDNVB.NET and C# ComparisonGood Coding PracticesVBForums Reputation SaverString EnumSuper Simple Tetris Game

(2010-2013)
    NB: I do not answer coding questions via PM. If you want my help, then make a post and PM me it's link. If I can help, trust me I will...

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Re: [VB 2008] Super simple Tetris Game

Moved To Game Demos

Nice example of Tetris! I saw some things you did that if I should ever reprogram my Tetris game I'd have to incorporate. Started to get unplayable in later levels, but the concepts are sound. Far easier an example to follow than my own Tetris game which basically taught me the game programming.
    My CodeBank Submissions: TETRIS using VB.NET2010 and XNA4.0, Strong Encryption Class, Hardware ID Information Class, Generic .NET Data Provider Class, Lambda Function Example, Lat/Long to UTM Conversion Class, Audio Class using BASS.DLL

Remember to RATE the people who helped you and mark your forum RESOLVED when you're done!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. "
    - Albert Einstein

Thanks for the compliments
    Pradeep, Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Please appreciate posts that have helped you by clicking icon on the left of the post.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." — Charles F. Kettering

Read articles on My Blog101 LINQ SamplesJSON ValidatorXML Schema Validator"How Do I" videos on MSDNVB.NET and C# ComparisonGood Coding PracticesVBForums Reputation SaverString EnumSuper Simple Tetris Game

(2010-2013)
    NB: I do not answer coding questions via PM. If you want my help, then make a post and PM me it's link. If I can help, trust me I will...

wow, Good Work
    Keep Going

I didn't realize that so many people loved to program tetris. I did it for c++ console, flash, and visual basic (I'm also amazing at tetris playing). I'd like to throw in my visual basic concept video:

youtube.com/watch?v=VFywKMim4yc

Where the board is a 2D array, and each peice is just 1 2 3 4 and when laid becomes a different identity of "21"

I tried to post a comment to this and it didn't work. Maybe I'm not allowed to link to youtube. Ohwell. I actually just spent 3 days programming tetris in VB myself, and holycrap I did the same concept you named here. I tried the same rotational math concept, but found it easier for me to just byhand give the rotational positions.

hi man i know this is a little late but i am into development too and i know i am not near your level i mean even a simple game like this still amazes me
    Very Good