Thread: Antivirus deletes my deployed application

Hybrid View

Lively Member

Antivirus deletes my deployed application

Hello!

I deployed my application to my website. However when I download the "setup.exe" from the website, Google Chrome starts warning me that the application could be risky to launch. Ignoring Chrome, when I launch the application and install it, I can not run it because Windows blocks the application from running because it is a potential risk for my computer.

My application does not contain any harmful codes. How do you guys fix this problem?

Re: Antivirus deletes my deployed application

If you are running Window 7 or Vista you might need to adjust the UAC in the control panel, should be under "User Accounts and Family Safety", "User Accounts".
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

PowerPoster

Re: Antivirus deletes my deployed application

Files downloaded from arbitrary sites are marked as suspicious because they are. It is up to a person to manually "approve" such files for use, typically by opening the file's Explorer Properties dialog for them and clicking on the Unblock button there.

This has nothing to do with UAC, and predates it. There is no way around this.

Normally a user should immediately run a virus scan of such a downloaded file before unblocking and running it.

Only after that does UAC come into the picture.

Tinkering with the UAC level risks opening yourself to more opportunities for malware infection. Windows 7 has UAC set to a dangerously low level by default as it is! At least Vista has you covered with a safe setting that can't readily be modified.