Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mustang GT Premium

Thumbs up 2015 Mustang GT Premium

Just got the confirmation of my order yesterday for my next mustang.
    Order # 0001 at the biggest Ford dealer on the west coast!

Expected delivery is late Sept.

5.0L V8
    6 speed manual tranny
    Performance package
    Electronics package
    NAV
    Line Lock
    Tri mode selectable suspension
    HID's
    Launch control
    19" rims
    My Touch
    Recaro leather race seats

Only have pic of my confirmation order sheet for now
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Re: 2015 Mustang GT Premium

Not exactly my color, but congrats. Does the GT performance package include the track key?

I couldn't help but notice the PP is no longer available for the V6 in '15. And the V6 is not available outside of North America. It will be interesting to see how well the 4 cylinder turbo sells in Europe. I'm sure the GTs won't sell very well over there.
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel
    “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.” - Kimi Raikkonen

A link to pics of the pony are more fun...Check it out here:
    http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/201...140523090641:s

Quote Originally Posted by homer13j View Post
    Not exactly my color, but congrats. Does the GT performance package include the track key?

I couldn't help but notice the PP is no longer available for the V6 in '15. And the V6 is not available outside of North America. It will be interesting to see how well the 4 cylinder turbo sells in Europe. I'm sure the GTs won't sell very well over there.
    Thanks! Yea the PP does have the launch control features

I think the v4 ecoboost will be a hit but since its a mid sized car it will still seem underpowered imo. The v6 will be the ugly redheaded step child lol
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    A link to pics of the pony are more fun...Check it out here:
    http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/201...140523090641:s

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

hmm... 5.0? My Ram is 5.7 V8. lets race?

Quote Originally Posted by dclamp View Post
    hmm... 5.0? My Ram is 5.7 V8. lets race?
    '14 5.0 GTs were 444 hp and the '15s are probably more. RobDog can tell you more on that. He's got you on weight by at least 1500 lbs maybe (probably) more. You might be able to keep him in sight in a straight line but as soon as you hit the twisty bits he'll be gone. Wouldn't even be close.
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel

'14 5.0 GTs were 444 hp and the '15s are probably more. RobDog can tell you more on that. He's got you on weight by at least 1500 lbs maybe (probably) more. You might be able to keep him in sight in a straight line but as soon as you hit the twisty bits he'll be gone. Wouldn't even be close.
    Yeah that so true. My truck is only like 310HP... A race would still be kinda fun lol.

14 GT's are 420 hp but he Boss was 444 (badged GT with better tune).

I'll beat you off the line and everywhere else lol.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

So its on.

Lets race in the middle of DTLA

I'm interested in the suspension. Definitely not setup to be a boulevard racer...
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

IRS rear suspension but the dampners and springs are coming out day one. Replacing it with Air Lift bags

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

So its on.

Lets race in the middle of DTLA
    You will lose by a landslide lol. Putting in a Vortech supercharger

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    IRS rear suspension
    About friggin' time...

You will lose by a landslide lol. Putting in a Vortech supercharger

revised race: Towing competition. Lets see who will tow a large boat the best.

Its getting closer and closer to arrival time for these! Word is that at least 430+ rwhp and a curb weight of only ~26 lbs increase over the 14's for the coupe and 15 lbs for the verts.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

idk how you are able to wait. I am an instant gratification kinda of person. When i decided I want something, I go get it... I couldnt imagine paying that much for a car and having to wait so long!

They are only accepting retainers right now so its only $500 and its refundable too not that I will but good to know you have options if things come up like losing a job etc.

Yea its a bit hard since I have no car basically still. I recently brought the Cobra home from the shop but its too hard core to be driving on the streets now. It could get impounded lol. The Shelby is still about 2 months more to go until its done getting custom metal work and other mods done to it. Its been in for nearly 3 months so far

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Cobra cant get impounded if you dont stop... You can out run the cops! As long as its not CHP or LAPD... they wont give up lol

I'll run out of gas first Triple 255 lph fuel pumps on a return fuel system setup with 60# injectors. I think Im getting "maybe" 10 mpg city

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

LAPD shoot and kill the guy. My friend who works for LAPD was there...
    Last edited by dclamp; Jul 8th, 2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Added [video] code tags

We both edited that at the same time... I opened it before you edited it and it reverted back to the URL lol

I wondered why it was so slow to update. Vette drivers suck at driving lol

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

That car he hit actually ran a red light... and that fire hydrant came out of no where man!

LAPD shoot and kill the guy.
    I admire their restraint. In Cleveland the chase would have involved 2/3rds of the on-duty force, sixty cop cars and a hundred rounds or so of ammo.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2369554...r-deadly-chase

137 shots. 47 hits on two unarmed suspects. 75 cops violated direct orders. Only one was fired.

Frenzied Member

I admire their restraint. In Cleveland the chase would have involved 2/3rds of the on-duty force, sixty cop cars and a hundred rounds or so of ammo.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2369554...r-deadly-chase

137 shots. 47 hits on two unarmed suspects. 75 cops violated direct orders. Only one was fired.
    Sounds like standard operating procedure. Judge, Jury, and Executioner. What a deal.

Got a tip from the dealer yesterday that the ones that "may" be arriving first are demo cars not to be sold. They are for letting customers test drive and build up hype

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Only a few weeks to go! Looks like Ill have to take a dealer mass ordered one as they are due to arrive 2-3 weeks earlier than the customer ordered ones.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

About a week or so to go!

Already got a Vortech supercharger going on it the very first day I get the stang.
    After thats installed it goes to get either a Borla or Magnaflow exhaust system.
    Toyo Tires are already secured
    New rims are pending, either Vossen T1 concave or Vertini or Stance rims

~5 weeks to go until SEMA Show deadline

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Its not going to make SEMA as I barely got the VIN assigned yesterday. Ford had stopped production and scheduling on Oct 2 to optimise and fix a QC issue. They just restarted yesterday. 2 Week delay just busted my schedule oh well.

~3 weeks until I get to take delivery

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

We make steel for Ford...hope it wasn't that part which was a problem. Haven't heard of any rejects or quality issues, on that front.
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

Naw, from what I heard it was assembly line issues. Being a completely new design I guess they are going to make a mistake or two. Cats installed backwards and headlight issues are some of what I have heard so far

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Naw, from what I heard it was assembly line issues. Being a completely new design I guess they are going to make a mistake or two. Cats installed backwards and headlight issues are some of what I have heard so far
    I have an uncle who's a life-long UAW guy and he would always say "never buy a car in its first year of production." But he retired in the mid-1980s so things might be better nowadays...

That is still true but one has to weigh the benefits against the risks. For me, the benefit is bringing visibility (advertising) to my business as well as always having a test vehicle for new product test fittings etc available to me without someone needing their car back same day or doesn't want to donate a part off their car in exchange for a carbon replacement part after its developed etc.

There are still TSB's on my 09 Shelby yet the first model year was 05 and anything specific to the GT500's was first out on 07.

You can never get away from recalls and TSB's so I figure its of more benefit to get this first MY. Plus I need a daily driver since my 01 Cobra is too much a race car and am risking it everyday until I get my 15 (the 09 is still in the fab shop until March or so).

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! kleinma's Avatar

Somehow I knew when I saw the title of this thread, that Rob was the one who started it

Quote Originally Posted by kleinma View Post
    Somehow I knew when I saw the title of this thread, that Rob was the one who started it
    But of course!

A local dealer got one in and I went to check it out in detail yesterday. Gonna change my color now since I dont have a build date scheduled yet. The Recaro seats are killer!

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

What color are you changing to?

Yoda green -_-

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Yoda green -_-
    a.k.a. "Gotta Have It" Green?

Name:  6696343333_8a8566fc4d_z.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  37.4 KB

Just like Grabber Blue it's difficult to capture the actual hue in digital photos without using Photoshop.

That is one dope car....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast