Thread: HTML5 page for HDTV at 1080P

HTML5 page for HDTV at 1080P

I'm writing a web page that needs to perfectly fit on a 1080P TV running at full screen. I can't seem to figure out how to force that size on the entire page. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 1920x1080 is the desired resolution
    Last edited by xxarmoxx; May 16th, 2014 at 03:50 PM.

King of sapila

Re: HTML5 page for HDTV at 1080P

again not a CSS expert but i have a couple of thing in my mind.
    1)The use of @media CSS directive. This is supposed to be used for lowering the scale on ipad and phones but i don't see a reason on why not to work on the opposite.
    2)Re making your page to use percentages "%" on the width and height and in general. Of course some element can have an argue with that (for example tables and rows) so, yeah.
    3)Some software to do the work (for example phonegap but again nt sure if it will do the oposite (aka tvgap))
    4)Write your app with a width of 1920 and a height of 1080. It will fit fine i guess (you will kill every other lower screen presentation however).
    5)Pray to the god of thunder and jump around your PC in hope that your app will automatically be converted to HD TV standards(it worked once, in an island, puffing the magic dragon).
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Wouldn't this be the same as making a web page at 100%? Its just a browser that runs on a TV which is 1920x1080 resolution.

King of sapila

You are talking about solution 2. The problem here is that you can make your page at 100% but don't expect all the element to get along. Especially if you are using both pixels and percentage in the page.
    For me is hard but i suppose a web designer wouldn't have a problem.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·