Thread: Anyone thinking that PHP won't be suitable for large scale applications?

Anyone thinking that PHP won't be suitable for large scale applications?

I read a lot and finally for my product i preferred PHP.. Its a really massive informative application like monster.com. anyone have different opinion for choosing another server side language??

Re: Anyone thinking that PHP won't be suitable for large scale applications?

FaceBook uses PHP. They have their own specially crafted version, but its still PHP. They also released their version, called HipHop for PHP.

If FaceBook is using PHP, I'm sure you could use PHP for anything you would ever want.

http://hhvm.com/
    My usual boring signature: Something

PHP is the most common server side language on the web. If you are going to make a massive application you should use a framework. Check out Symfony2, it is a new and popular enterprise level framework for PHP.

PHP is not suitable for large scale application.

Quote Originally Posted by anusri2691 View Post
    1) Thanks for digging up a 2-year old thread
    2) Also for not really adding anything to the discussion, doubly so w/o any kind of backup or proof
    3) I call shenanigans on your comment... I think it's proven itself time and time again over the years that it is perfectly capable of supporting large scale applications.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Facebook uses PHP....

didn't realize I already posted this.. two years ago... oops.
    My usual boring signature: Something

Then Wikipedia and Facebook won't be in this list right?
    Programming_languages_used_in_most_popular_websites
    CodeBank: VB.NET & C#.NET | ASP.NET
    Programming: C# | VB.NET
    Blogs: Personal | Programming
    Projects: GitHub | jsFiddle
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

Rating someone's post is a way of saying Thanks...