Thread: Err 429 Could not load type 'ADODB.ErrorsToInternalErrorsMarshaler' from Assembly

Err 429 Could not load type 'ADODB.ErrorsToInternalErrorsMarshaler' from Assembly

We converted an VB2008 app to VB2010. It is uses ODBC to connect with a MySQL database using the MyODBC driver. It is a 32 bit app.

The VB2008 program has been working for years on a number of clients.

The VB2010 program works on the development machine fine.

The on our client's machine it gets the error
    Err 429 Could not load type 'ADODB.ErrorsToInternalErrorsMarshaler' from Assembly. I could not find any hits on ErrorsToInternalErrorsMarshaler.

What is this and how do I get it to work?

Thanks

Re: Err 429 Could not load type 'ADODB.ErrorsToInternalErrorsMarshaler' from Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by QuickBooksDev View Post
    We converted an VB2008 app to VB2010. It is uses ODBC to connect with a MySQL database using the MyODBC driver. It is a 32 bit app.
    You want the bad news or the good news first?

Bad news, you shouldn't be using ODBC... you should install the .NET MySQL Connector, and use the MySQLClient namespace. More bad news, it means re-writing some code, replacing one namespace for another and one set of classes for another. Hmmm... I guess there isn't any good news... except that it should work after that.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: Err 429 Could not load type 'ADODB.ErrorsToInternalErrorsMarshaler' from Assembly

Why do I have to change? It has worked for years. It works from my development machine without a problem so I think it is just that something is missing.

Typical code is
    Dim ODBCCon As New ADODB.Connection
    ODBCCon.Open(ODBCConnString)
    ODBCRS = ODBCCon.Execute(SQLString, iRecordsAffected)
    For i = 0 To ODBCRS.Fields.Count - 1
    some code
    Next

How do I use MySQLCLient?
    What source and reference changes are needed?

Oh... it's worse than I thought... you're using ADO, as opposed to ADO.NET...I should have realized that from the subject line...

Try the workaround that's listed on this thread. Seems to have worked for a number of people.
    http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualS...dodb-recordset

Scroll down to the comments section, click the workaround tab...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *