Thread: GMAIL started marking you guys as spam last night

GMAIL started marking you guys as spam last night

I had to add foru​ms@vbforum​s.com and webm​aster@vbfo​rums.com as contacts - hopefully this will stop it.

Anything change last night in the formatting of your email alerts??

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Re: GMAIL started marking you guys as spam last night

Add them to your Whitelist
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

I added them to my CONTACTS - which in GMAIL fixes that. I got the alert about your post (I send them to GMAIL and then forward them to my COMCAST business email).

Something either changed on the GMAIL side or the VBFORUMS side - thought they might want to know...

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

PowerPoster

I saw this from the operator of another technical forum site:

We found out this week some advertising fraudsters targeted the xxx site in their short list for their bots to visit in an attempt to create what the fraud consultants are calling the "perfect user". Then, they take this mechanical "perfect user" and run them over other sites to boost their ad revenues. So, we got lumped in with sites like BMW, CNN, The Wall Street Journal in this scam. They said we should be flattered.
    I was curious how this might be a useful thing to spammers, not realizing just joining here allowed you to spam via the Send Email link in the popup you get when you click a member's name at the left of any post.

I assume they harvest "perfect user" profiles then go to umpteen other sites and create memberships either in those users' names or else just re-using some of those users' questions to make the bot look like a real user.

Explains quite a few new webscraper bot questions we've been seeing.

szlamany - it doesn't too many people to use the "Report as Spam" button at Gmail to get a site blacklisted.