Thread: [RESOLVED] Now that my web service is running, it stops

Resolved [RESOLVED] Now that my web service is running, it stops

Hello. This is part two of an earlier thread.

I have web service source code which I am running locally. I wrote a consumer so I can call a web method and walk through the code. (The code is new to me and I have to document its current behavior). So I'll be walking through it hitting F10, and it will just stop. No error message or anything. This happens rather quickly. Any idea what it could be? Is it a timeout even though it shows me no error?

I am not sure of what may be happening behind the scenes but we have a Settings sql table that we use, and it has an entry for this application which is setting WSTimeout and value 1,000,000 (commas added for readability), but I am not sure if it's reading and using that and then timing out.

Thanks if you have any ideas.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Re: Now that my web service is running, it stops

I am calling the web service from a console application which was catching an exception which I wasn't seeing. So I am in fact timing out with a WebException, The operation has timed out
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Re: Now that my web service is running, it stops

Sorry, that was my own oversight that I didn't see the exception. I am setting a timeout value after I instantiate the service:
    Code:
    webService.Timeout = 999999;