Thread: Compile a new EXE from within an Application

Compile a new EXE from within an Application

Hi guys, I won't go into detail yet as this may not be possible!
    I want to know if the following is possible.

Have a form, and have two input's. 1) a URL text box 2) An Image selector 3) Text

When the user types a URL, and selects an image, the user presses a button.

When the button is pressed, a new EXE is created with the Image as an Icon, and the Text and the Label.. When clicked, it will open the URL.

In a nut shell, is this possible, if so, can you point me in the direction? If it's not possible..Please say and I'll look into other options.

Thanks!

Edit; Just thought, or of course, to create a 'short cut' may work too??

Re: Compile a new EXE from within an Application

Its possible but it does help if you explain why. We could possible find a better solution.

I think for that, my best solution would be to just create a normal shortcut? Only problem with that would be embedding an icon.

I'll swing by the forums tomorrow and I'll explain the whole situation as there's a few different parts that I need to solve.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! :-)

The project has a a few different stages which require a few different solutions to an issue and I'll be able to explain better when I'm not so tired.

Thanks again.

Ok, the main application has controls to allow the input of an ; Image, Text, and URL.

This user can then press a button, which will take this data, and using variables, insert it into a chunk of code. This is the code that then needs to be a new EXE, with the image embedded.

This new EXE can then be distributed among users and once clicked, will either; create a shortcut on the desktop OR create a new Windows Tile shortcut, or both; depending what the original user chose.

My main reason for this way is so the shortcut can be created with a custom icon (as embedded in the new exe).

I hope this makes sense.

I'm still looking for a solution to this... Either a new exe, or some how get a new file created, with the image, which can execute some code to create the shortcut etc.

Would I maybe be able to achieve this with an executable self extracting archive?

In the archive, have the image, and an application that can be launched with parameters via a bat file?