Thread: Send a request to a service in a remote server

Addicted Member

Send a request to a service in a remote server

I use the ff string to send a request call to a local server and it works fine:

service.DownloadStringAsyn(New Uri("http://localhost:12345/serviceName/"Service.svc/className/" & argument1 & "/" & argument2 ))

How do I modify this string when I want to access a remote server? Please give some reading material on this topic, if possible. Thanks for helping

Re: Send a request to a service in a remote server

you would use the address instead of localhost... may or may not need to adjust the post or directroy name... but it's not that all different from what you already have.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Addicted Member

Re: Send a request to a service in a remote server

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    you would use the address instead of localhost... may or may not need to adjust the post or directroy name... but it's not that all different from what you already have.

-tg
    Would you be kind to give an example. How do I generate and use the address? I am not that into the website development. Thanks