Thread: Visual Studio Error for application.designer.vb

Fanatic Member

Visual Studio Error for application.designer.vb

Hi. I was working on my project, during which i added a new form and copied a crystal report and pasted and renamed it. Then I ran the project and i received the following message.

Name:  VSerror.jpg
Views: 2736
Size:  13.1 KB

Unable to open module file " D:\AbidMIS\Practice\NewPractice\MyProject\Application.Designer.vb", The system cannot find the file specified
    I searched on google, i found that it was written that Clean the project and Rebuild it, but problem not solved.

Please help me now, that what is wrong with this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Visual Studio Error for application.designer.vb

Have you looked in the folder to see if it exists? When you renamed it, did you do it from in the IDE, or from windows explorer? I suspect it was the latter and not the former... because you renamed the .vb file, but not it's accompanying .designer.vb file ... or it's possible you didn't even copy the .designer.vb file in the first place... when you copy things like that you need to make sure you get the .vb file AND the accompanying .desinger.vb file AND the names have to match.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Fanatic Member

No. The file does not exist there. I did it from IDE. I clicked on the form ( frmDailyIncome.vb) and then another click and it enabled for rename and i renamed it with another name. Thats it.

What is it's solution now tg?

Fanatic Member

I remember, i have another copy of the same project, in another partition of my hard disk. That copy is running absolutely fine and the application.designer.vb file is existing there. If i copy that file and paste it into this updated project, so will it be fine?

It's worthy to mention that The project copy, in which i am working is updated one, while the other copy in other partition is bit older. Please guide me for this.