Thread: Help fixing this error?

Help fixing this error?

I'm just beginning to learn how to program and am going through a tutorial right now. I have had no problems up until this point. It is having me assign textbox text to my variables; however, I just can't seem to figure out what is wrong... Here is the code.

Private Sub Button2_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
    Dim FirstName As String
    Dim LastName As String
    Dim FullName As String

FirstName = txtFirstName.Text
    LastName = txtLastName.Text
    FullName = FirstName & " " & LastName
    txtFirstName.Text = FullName

End Sub
    End Class

The part that is giving me trouble is the line: txtLastName.Text and this is a screenshot of the Form.

Thanks for any help on how to figure this out! Here is the website I'm learning from if the information I gave isn't enough to help. http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/NET/nets1p14.html

Re: Help fixing this error?

From what I can see there's nothing wrong with your code provided the full name should be displayed in txtFirstName.
    You use this line twice for some reason:
    Code:
    but it changes nothing.

What exactly is the problem?

P.S. You don't need FirstName and LastName variables in an example this simple. Just:
    Code:
     txtFirstName.Text = txtFirstName.Text & " " & txtLastName.Text
    Generally though your interface lacks the third textbox. A good user interface should not change values in the user input textboxes. Ideally, you should add another textbox txtFullName and display the result there.