Thread: [RESOLVED] UPLOAD not working

Resolved [RESOLVED] UPLOAD not working

I got this UPLOAD working months ago (I thought) - and then simply abandoned it as the need to use it did not materialize.

I've attached an image of the HTML - it's a FORM within a FORM (not sure how I got this idea) - and it's got a SUBMIT button that runs to UPLOAD.ASHX.

So when I click the button it re-loads the page (it's not supposed to do this) - but it does run the UPLOAD.ASHX. So the file actually does get uploaded!

This is a jQuery AJAX'y like web page - it's not supposed to re-load the page.

Am I supposed to use an IFRAME? I am outside my comfort zone with this - any help greatly appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by szlamany; Jun 14th, 2014 at 04:58 AM.

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Re: UPLOAD not working

nevermind - this is all my fault - I commented out function call that made this actually work months ago.

Sorry for posting this question - it's resolved (or at least headed towards being resolved!).

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008