Thread: How to make the CD bootable

Fanatic Member

How to make the CD bootable

Hi. I need to make my CD or DVD bootable. Is there anyone who has used some software to make a CD bootable, because there are lots of software available in GooGle, but don't know whether they are working properly or not. Please guide me for this. Thanks.

Re: How to make the CD bootable

Download UBCD

If you have arrived here from an external link, Ultimate Boot CD allows you to run floppy-based diagnostic tools from CDROM drives and consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD. An experimental feature also allows you to run UBCD from your USB memory stick on newer machines that supports booting from USB devices. Read more about UBCD and the full list of freeware diagnostic tools included here.
    http://ubcd.sourceforge.net/download.html

I used daemon tools to make a CD or DVD bootable. There are lots of tutorials you can find online to make a bootable cd or dvd.

Isn't it just a matter of put an "autorun.inf" on the cd containing this line?

[autorun]
    OPEN=SETUP.EXE /AUTORUN
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post

[autorun]
    OPEN=SETUP.EXE /AUTORUN
    There would have to be a Setup.exe file on it which does something important

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post

[autorun]
    OPEN=SETUP.EXE /AUTORUN
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    There would have to be a Setup.exe file on it which does something important
    Plus that's just autorun... not bottable... usually to be a bootable disk, a special record needs to be written to the boot sector of the disc, and it needs to contain some kind of OS.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

One of the easiest methods for creating a simple bootable CD is to use the CD recording software program you use to create CDs. Today, many of these programs have a feature already built within them that enables users to create a bootable CD.

I use Nero to make a bootable cd/dvd. It creates two parts on the disc profile, the bootable parts for your files you want access to on boot and the rest of the disc is for stuff you want access to either from an OS or from the booted OS that's on the first part of the disc.
    Currently using VS 2015 Enterprise on Win10 Enterprise x64.

CodeBank: All ThreadsColors ComboBoxFading & Gradient FormMoveItemListBox/MoveItemListViewMultilineListBoxMenuButtonToolStripCheckBoxStart with Windows

i've also used nero for this. There's a setting for it, but you can also simply burn a bootable iso image.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell