Thread: [RESOLVED] Passing array of items to service contract implementation WCF 4.5.x

Hyperactive Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Passing array of items to service contract implementation WCF 4.5.x

I've got an issue, We are interfacing a legacy system with a new service via IBM MQ, so far this works until i get to the service.

Code:
    public papesOrderResponse PlaceOrder(Order order, params OrderItem[] oia)
    is the signature, we are sending 2 items to the orderitem array, but its only picking up the first one. The wsdl says its a maxoccurs of 1, and i cant find a good way to change this via code.

I was using a list<orderitem> and it worked from my test program, however the legacy system does not have dynamic arrays, so its not like we can just have the 2 we have to have all 350, which the list<orderitem> pukes on because the remainder are either null or empty, i cant figure out which.

How the heck do i get this thing to take both values being passed, ignore the other 348 empty items and just place the darned order.

i aint gots enough hair for this.
    --"Tap Dancing On The Brittle Edge Of Sanity"--

Hyperactive Member

Re: [RESOLVED] Passing array of items to service contract implementation WCF 4.5.x

turns out the issue was not with the WSDL it was with the mapping from legacy to oia in MQ ESB.
    --"Tap Dancing On The Brittle Edge Of Sanity"--