dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Displaying PDF Using Adobe Plugin Not displaying in Published Program

Resolved [RESOLVED] Displaying PDF Using Adobe Plugin Not displaying in Published Program

Name:  vbforum.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  155.9 KB

This is when it's running in debug mode in Visual studio 2012. Works fine Displays PDF's without any issue.

Name:  vbforum2.JPG
Views: 201
Size:  64.5 KB

This is the Published program that doesn't display any PDF

Name:  vbforum3.JPG
Views: 196
Size:  140.3 KB

This is my References which includes copy to locale.

I need to send this out and work on every computer it runs on.

What am I missing? Any help would be much appreciated.....

Re: Displaying PDF Using Adobe Plugin Not displaying in Published Program

Hi DKempster,

I use a lot of free third party controls.

You cannot just copy references to any old third party control and expect it to work with your install package.

In this case you have to install the adobe reader which also installs the COM reader control on the target PC.
    With the adobe reader control you have to install from their website to the target machine before you install your program.

If you want to do early binding then you will also probably have to be installing the same version everywhere.

Re: Displaying PDF Using Adobe Plugin Not displaying in Published Program

if it was a licencing issue, the control wouldn't work, period and an error would happen. I don't think that's the case here. It looks to me as if the PDF isn't being found... how are the PDFs being distributed? What's their source?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *