dcsimg

Thread: Mouse flickering when step into in visual studio 2010 IDE

Cool Mouse flickering when step into in visual studio 2010 IDE

When i'm debugging an web application and choose the 'step into' inside the IDE, the mouse flickering about 1 to 2 seconds with the hourglass icon. This is very annoying when im all day in that task.
    My question is: does exist one solution for this or maybe set any option at the IDE?
    Any help will be appreciated

Re: Mouse flickering when step into in visual studio 2010 IDE

do you have any watch windows open? Each time you step, any open watch windows update and if you are showing a lot of things in them, it may take some time.
    kevin
    Process control doesn't give you good quality, it gives you consistent quality.
    Good quality comes from consistently doing the right things.

Vague general questions have vague general answers.
    A $100 donation is required for me to help you if you PM me asking for help. Instructions for donating to one of our local charities will be provided.

This is very annoying
    So's waiting for a bus in the rain when you've got a cold and the next person in the queue keeps poking you in the eye with the edge of an umbrella but of the two I'd say your predicament is really not so bad, wouldn't you? If it bothers you that much don't look at the cursor. Choose an attractive young lady in the office to smile at, count the ceiling tiles, look out the window and appreciate the wonders of nature. See? Life's not so bad after all. When did we become so freaking uptight that 2 seconds could be considered an unconscionable delay?
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Super Moderator Joacim Andersson's Avatar

@dunfiddlin, your reply is a personal opinion that doesn't address the issue. A 2 second delay per line when stepping through 1000's of lines a day would be a waste of time. If the OP finds it annoying and problematic then it is annoying and problematic regardless of what you think about it. If you don't intent to address the issue then please refrain from replying.

PS. can you be so kind and read the PM I sent you earlier today.
    Joacim Andersson
    If anyone's answer has helped you, please show your appreciation by rating that answer.
    I'd rather run ScriptBrix...
    Joacim's view on stuff.

MVP

You know what. I'm done with this bloody stupid persecution. Don't bother banning me. I quit!
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Cool Re: Mouse flickering when step into in visual studio 2010 IDE

No I don't you have any watch windows open

My application is a MVC written in CSharp
    This behavior appears when i Step into the file.cs of any public method
    There is an option called visual experience in the tools menu. Can that make the difference ?

It may, you should try asking in the c# forum
    Process control doesn't give you good quality, it gives you consistent quality.
    Good quality comes from consistently doing the right things.

Vague general questions have vague general answers.
    A $100 donation is required for me to help you if you PM me asking for help. Instructions for donating to one of our local charities will be provided.

Super Moderator Joacim Andersson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunfiddlin View Post
    You know what. I'm done with this bloody stupid persecution. Don't bother banning me. I quit!
    So I suspect that you haven't read my PM then... Or the fact that you don't care how your posts are read or understood by others?
    Joacim Andersson
    If anyone's answer has helped you, please show your appreciation by rating that answer.
    I'd rather run ScriptBrix...
    Joacim's view on stuff.

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Cristian View Post
    When i'm debugging an web application and choose the 'step into' inside the IDE, the mouse flickering about 1 to 2 seconds with the hourglass icon. This is very annoying when im all day in that task.

This happened to me today in my new job where I'm using Visual Studio 2008 SP1. I had set my default language to C# because that's what I thought I'd be using, but the application is in VB.NET.

As soon as I changed my default language to VB.NET, debugging became lightning fast.