Thread: Ok, who broke Quick Reply?

Ok, who broke Quick Reply?

Posting but goes through the 'do you really want to risk life, limb, and all your possessions leaving this page?' dialog every time. A tad tiresome after about the 10th go round!

EDIT ... and now the advanced editor too!

EDIT 2 ... with added double posting!
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Re: Ok, who broke Quick Reply?

It should only ask you that if you gave focus to the quick reply box and typed something into it. If you did not type something into the box, then you should leave the page without issue. I just tested and it worked correctly for me (no prompt if I didn't type in the box even if I gave it focus), prompted if I had typed into the box.

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ditto... Only time I get the warning is if I type something and click the back button without posting anything.

I'm using Chrome & Win 7 and IE10 works ok too.

Am I right in thinking that it appears for you while you are actually submitting a post?

If so I occasionally get the same problem (often including a double post), and it happens when I am having internet connection issues. The forum software deals with it to some degree, but not perfectly (hence the warning and double posting).

Ahhh. Now that would be an example of something working wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek View Post
    Am I right in thinking that it appears for you while you are actually submitting a post?

If so I occasionally get the same problem (often including a double post), and it happens when I am having internet connection issues. The forum software deals with it to some degree, but not perfectly (hence the warning and double posting).

I see this on VERY infrequent occasions. It's about 1 in 30, or less. I believe that if I make the wrong choice here I have an opportunity to double post, but I'm not sure. I always choose the option to leave the page, and the post always shows up, so all is well (except that the message is kind of in error). If I thought that the message meant that I had forgotten to submit the post and opted to stay on the page and hit submit, I expect that I would get a duplicate post. After all, the first post has been submitted regardless of what option I choose on the messagebox.

It's possible that if I opted to stay on the page and tried to resubmit, the software might tell me that it would be a duplicate, but I haven't tried it.

There is another variation on this where I hit the submit button and get a message about needing to wait X seconds before posting again. In this case, posting again does result in a duplicate. This variant occurs about as infrequently. I have a vague memory that they occasionally occur one after the other, though I'm not sure.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Yeah what si_the_geek said. Seems to have fixed itself now.
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Hadn't seen this for ages and then got it a couple of times yesterday and once just now. Also, perversly, yesterday I managed to navigate away from a half finished post without getting the message.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

I got it two times in a row today. Using quick reply, Chrome, osx.