dcsimg

Thread: Getting System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException and System.AggregateException error

Getting System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException and System.AggregateException error

Name:  4Aj6oBc.png
Views: 563
Size:  39.4 KB

I am getting those errors while i perform a Parallel.For task on my listview. I do not always get these errors but sometimes i do also if you want to know what listview actually contains i am connection to a server(live) and all the usernames are listed on listview

Re: Getting System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException and System.AggregateException error

do you remove listview items in the Parallel.For loop?

Re: Getting System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException and System.AggregateException error

Quote Originally Posted by .paul. View Post
    do you remove listview items in the Parallel.For loop?
    Not in the Parallel.For loop but since im connectiong to a live stream users might connect and disconnect any time though im not deleting anything on purpose.

that is probably the problem...

It's a race condition. You start the For loop with, say 9 people (indexes 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8). While the loop is running, person 8 disconnects. So now, you only have 0 through 7. However, your for loop is still configured to go to 8. There's the problem.

@.paul. @formlesstree4 Ahh i see thnx seems like i shouldnt multithread the listview in this case unless i can do something to avoid the said issue.