Thread: Browser faster than protocol?

Hyperactive Member

Browser faster than protocol?

Hi,

I have recently tried various ways (even custom chillkat reference) of upload a file to a server via HTTP with POST command ... but nothing seems to be fast as a normal webbrowser (mozilla, chrome) upload speed?

Have you experienced the same thing? Why is that?

Cheers!
    Thanks for helping me out.

Re: Browser faster than protocol?

They could be dividing the file into multiple chunks, opening a series of sessions, and sending different chunks out different sessions. Whether or not this happens, I have no idea.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

as a normal webbrowser (mozilla, chrome) upload speed?
    There is, of course, no such thing as a normal browser upload. All the processing is done either within the webpage scripting or on its server and, as Shaggy said, that could involve any number of special techniques to speed the process. Either way it will be unique to the site.
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Hyperactive Member

I've checked with Fiddler...and what i've seen is only one request being made when uploading through a webbrowser interface (mozilla, chrome) ... but upload speed is darn fast!

I've simulated the exact same request within vbnet and the speed is just waaay slower....

EDIT:

Maybe it's about chunksize or something ....

Content-type: multipart/form-data, boundary=xxxx..... ?
    Last edited by batori; Jan 12th, 2014 at 09:35 AM.

Hyperactive Member

bump?