Are Adware Android apps more profitable than Adware Windows Applications/Utilities ? - Page 2-VBForums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Adware Android apps more profitable than Adware Windows Applications/Utilities ?

Re: Are Adware Android apps more profitable than Adware Windows Applications/Utilitie

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    I guess I'll just have to learn from all of your enlightened posts in the wildly popular Metro forum. This may take time, since Win8 has only been in developers' hands for a bit over 2 years now.
    Well, I agree that metro may not be the thing. I'm not feeling strong motivation to move in that direction. It has nothing much to do with the rest of my life, though. Win8 <> metro, at least not at this time. If Win9 is metro only, then that's the end of MS. Whether or not it will be the end of my writing for them is up to my employer, though.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Re: Are Adware Android apps more profitable than Adware Windows Applications/Utilitie

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    I managed to find a desktop orientated position within a fortnight.
    You still are getting work with forts and knights and you wonder why people think you are living in the past? Ha!
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Yep, I'll be working on Dragon computers. And we're using Prince methodologies.
    When one of my minions says, "Hey, he's just one guy, what can he do?" I say "This"... and shoot them.

The problem with putting your lair in a volcano is keeping your robot army from melting.

I know that the human being and the fish can coexist peacefully - George Bush

PowerPoster

We use the Siege methodology for development. We scribble the requirements on rocks, which we then toss over the wall, hoping they get the message.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    We use the Siege methodology for development. We scribble the requirements on rocks, which we then toss over the wall, hoping they get the message.

-tg
    In every project, requirements become the first line of defense, when it comes to justifying the final outcome. So your approach is commendable.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12