Thread: [RESOLVED] Something keeps taking control of mouse

Resolved [RESOLVED] Something keeps taking control of mouse

Hi,

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and for a while now something has been taking control of my mouse and I can not figure out how to stop it. I have scanned the system for viruses and malware and remove any that were found by it has not solved the problem. Also, I am not sure if it is related or not but just before I lose control of the mouse I hear a ding-ding sound such as if I remove a usb from the machine, it happens every couple of seconds.

Thanks,

Nightwalker
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Re: Something keeps taking control of mouse

do you have bluetooth? and is it enabled? Do you have a usb wireless mouse?
    Try re-syncing the dongle with the mouse (it could be that someone near by is on the same freq)... and/or next time it happens, looks for paired BT devices... it's possible that someone's bt mouse has gotten paired accidentally somehow with yours.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

No, the mouse is a wired mouse and if there is bluetooth it is not enabled! I have just finished removing malware from the machine after 3 or 4 hours and have not had a problem so far, too soo to tell if it was malware responsible or not.

Edit:

It seems the mouse keep falling out of the usb connection at the back of the computer. Although, I am sure that was the problem I wont mark the thread "Resolved" in case the problem happens again.

Edit:

I will monitor the problem over the next couple of days and see if it happens but one this I have noticed that it still happens when I play a pc game Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising. Not sure if there is something in the game adding to the problem, the mouse worked normally then just this week I have been having problems.
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Dec 24th, 2013 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Adding more!
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

i have the same problem with the plugs on the front of my computer after i got dropped off the couch. The usb socket is sunk in slightly and the weight of cables make them come loose sometimes now. The symptom is exactly the same as yours. Hardware dings and no mouse.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

if you don't have any virus in your system then it has to be the mouse problem and I guess you need to change your mouse to get rid of this problem which seems to be the obvious and the only solution for your problem.

Along with the mouse freezing the cursor changes from the I to the arrow to the hand which, I guess is normal but it has a greeny-pink shadow to it. Also, I don't know if it is related but sometimes my monitor turns off and will not turn back on.

King of sapila

Just to be sure.Use a mix of you antivirus (if it's the microsoft one then use a free antivirus), anti many anti-malware (malwarebytes-spyboot etc). Might be a virus becuase you said about the greeny-pink or mgiht be a monitor-mouse-your computer is dying issue.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Just to be sure.Use a mix of you antivirus (if it's the microsoft one then use a free antivirus), anti many anti-malware (malwarebytes-spyboot etc). Might be a virus becuase you said about the greeny-pink or mgiht be a monitor-mouse-your computer is dying issue.
    I have a feeling it is the latter but as mentioned sometimes the monitor goes off and does not turn back on.

King of sapila

Hmm. Is the monitor shutting down completely or does it go to safe mode? If it's safe mode then check your power savings console. If it shuts down like, dead, then i don't think a virus can do that so it's a hardware issue.

Hmm. Is the monitor shutting down completely or does it go to safe mode? If it's safe mode then check your power savings console. If it shuts down like, dead, then i don't think a virus can do that so it's a hardware issue.
    I am not sure what the difference is, the blue power light goes off! Does that happen in safe mode?

King of sapila

I don't know your monitor standards. It may have a orange light going on and off or it may have no light at all, regardless if you cannot wake your computer monitor up or you, let's say, hear your computer working in the background (doing something while the monitor is off) then you have issues.Take a look here on the section for "How can I prevent my computer from automatically sleeping or hibernating?"
    Check if the settings are normal.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...sked-questions

I have my desktop set to use "Power Saver" as the preferred power plan! I doubt that is responsible for the problem. I hate not being able to solve hardware issues.

King of sapila

I would start with opening the PC case and making sure that the video card is properly in place. I had an issue a couple of years ago when the monitor turned colors instantly and it was the VGA slop being loose. I would also record the computer temperature. If overheated it can start doing the limbo.
    Also if you have a usb mouse you can try changing the port or if you have it on a PS/2 adapter, try using the the usb port (although the PS/2 is probably a safer solution).
    Ah, just read your initial post. So you have it on usb. Try using a PS/2 adapter.
    So PS/2 and check your video card and look the VGA to Monitor cables (loose,unplugged or busted). If you use HDMI you can try switching to DVI. Personally i had Issues with HDMI cables if they bend a little.Also check your power source of your monitor, try another plug.
    Well, all these if you feel up to it.

I would start with opening the PC case and making sure that the video card is properly in place. I had an issue a couple of years ago when the monitor turned colors instantly and it was the VGA slop being loose. I would also record the computer temperature. If overheated it can start doing the limbo.
    Also if you have a usb mouse you can try changing the port or if you have it on a PS/2 adapter, try using the the usb port (although the PS/2 is probably a safer solution).
    Ah, just read your initial post. So you have it on usb. Try using a PS/2 adapter.
    So PS/2 and check your video card and look the VGA to Monitor cables (loose,unplugged or busted). If you use HDMI you can try switching to DVI. Personally i had Issues with HDMI cables if they bend a little.Also check your power source of your monitor, try another plug.
    Well, all these if you feel up to it.
    Hopefully we will get around to pulling the tower apart this weekend because the noise that occurs is driving everybody in the house crazy.

PowerPoster

Sounds more than anything like a machine that has been jammed back against some barrier repeatedly over time, crushing cables and then damaging connectors and possibly even cards (video, motherboard). No telling what you have now in terms of connectors that make poor electrical connections or even breaks in solder joints, circuit traces, etc.

It sounds epidemic enough that no simple repair is going to address the issues. Time to buy more!

Is there any software that can monitor the workings of all the hardware in my computer to notify me of something that is not behaving as it should?

Edit:

The noise and the mouse freezing/not doing as I want seems to have stopped since have been using a wireless mouse instead of a wired one and we took the case off the tower. It seems that heat might have been causing the problem but it is now resolved so I guess the thread is as well.
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Feb 25th, 2014 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Adding more!