Looking for some feedback on a new open source project idea I have been thinking about - letting users create automated processes with a designer window that exposes the various classes (such as office interop, rest api, etc.) for automating various processes. Think of it as "step-sequencing" automation that can be used by anyone, not just developers in a coding window. The goal is to allow someone to automate a process such as creating excel files, updating databases, etc. The project consists of two parts - a designer application that generates something similar to a BAT file (or DLL) and a web management platform that takes that BAT file (or DLL) and runs the commands. All of this done in C# (or VB.NET, whatever).

Key Points about both:

WinForms or WPF Designer Application (Design)
You get a 'build' window with a list of pre-defined tasks (such as Excel operations [open workbook, close workbook, go to range, etc.]
You then add these pre-defined tasks and define properties... could look like:

1) Create Excel Instance [instance name: excel1]
2) Add Excel Workbook [instance name: excel1]
3) Type "Hello, World" in Cell A1 [instance name: excel1]
4) Save Excel File [instance name: excel1]
5) Close Excel File [instance name: excel1]
6) Email Excel File to 'someone@somewhere.com' [standard smtp settings]

I guess ultimately, the types of tasks that you would like (such as copying files, moving files, etc) could be endless but should probably be narrowed down to basic IO tasks to begin with. Perhaps some support could be in there to integrate with an existing DLL file (or programming language) and allow you to access other tasks.

Web Management Platform - Optional
Probably MVC5 (or vNext) for management of automation tasks with some services on IIS that can work with a VM or some other type of virtualization (windows containers?) in order to dole out and run the tasks.

Thats all good and (relatively) simple so now its time to think grandiose: trying to use and integrate Azure services such as the Natural Language Processing utilities or Machine Learning directly into the project. I am not sure how those services work, but should probably be optional.

So, any thoughts on this? Or am I just going mad?