Thread: Feelers for anyone using Sencha products

Karen Payne MVP kareninstructor's Avatar

Feelers for anyone using Sencha products

Greetings,

My team is considering moving from vanilla JQuery to libraries from Sencha and would like to know if anyone that has used their libraries has thoughts on the libraries. Also looked at the JQuery libraries from infragistics too but were not impressed (yet we could be wrong as we only looked, not tried).

Yes, infragistics is JQuery and Sencha is JavaScript based. The idea here is to have a product that we can count on being around and fully supported as our agency is responsible for all revenue in/out of our State. To us this is better than using an open source library where there is nothing that says it will lose support of simply go away.

All thoughts welcome.

Thanks!

Re: Feelers for anyone using Sencha products

To us this is better than using an open source library where there is nothing that says it will lose support of simply go away.
    I've yet to see any evidence that proprietary software has a better track-record of staying around than free software. At least with free software, you are able to DIY bug fixes/features if the original developer has no interest in doing so.

Since you are already using jQuery, have you tried looking at jQuery Mobile? Microsoft is currently using jQuery Mobile in the latest Visual Studio MVC mobile web application project templates, so I would guess it is not going to disappear anytime soon.
    CSS layout comes in to the 21st century with flexbox!
    Just another Perl hacker,