Thread: Where do I get Java and how to install it

PowerPoster

Where do I get Java and how to install it

I need to install Java so I can test some Java applets.

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

Re: Where do I get Java and how to install it

PowerPoster

Thanks for the link but something is wrong. When I try to install it it says corrupted. I downloaded several times and same problem. I go to my other PC and download from there; same problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

Addicted Member

With about 8000 post I'd figure you'd know how to use a search engine, looks like their are quite a few people had the problem. I'd start with doing what they call the "off line" install where you download the whole thing instead of just the installer.
    http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

You can also use netbeans and eclipse. Eclipse is more widely used but the IDE takes some getting use to because its more of a pain. Its like VS only not so user friendly. And tends to be a little buggy. But once you work your way around the bugs, it gets to be a lot of fun.