Thread: [RESOLVED] ControlBox from child disappeared after maximizing child form in Mdi container

Resolved [RESOLVED] ControlBox from child disappeared after maximizing child form in Mdi container

Hi all,

i've got an mdi parent wich will load an menuStrip. When I click on a menuStripItem, it will show a child form. Here I see the controlBox of the form and i am able to maximize this.
    When I do this it will maximize but my controlBox for the Child form has disappeared. Now I read about some guys who didn't want to have a controlBox on their child form when maximized and they solved the problem by putting a menuStripItem on there parent form.
    So i've tried this: when clicking on the menuStripItem the form shows but the menuStrip.visible = False. Then I maximized the child form and still this was not the sollution. On this very moment I don't see any menuStrip's. I think that maybe my controlBox from my child is behind the controlBox from my parent?

some of the properties of my child form
    controlBox: True
    FormBorderStyle: Sizable
    MaximizeBox: True
    WindowsState: normal

regards
    snaak
    Last edited by snaak; Nov 20th, 2013 at 10:50 AM.

Re: ControlBox from child disappeared after maximizing child form in Mdi container

Hi,

I've tried to recreate the problem. With the code below I've got the same problem. Maybe this will say more for some of you guys? I'am working with 2 menuStrips because this is the same as within my application...

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1ToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Form1ToolStripMenuItem.Click
    MenuStrip1.Visible = False
    MenuStrip2.Visible = True
    Form2.MdiParent = Me
    Form2.Show()

End Sub
    End Class

Re: ControlBox from child disappeared after maximizing child form in Mdi container

MenuStrip1.Visible = False
    MenuStrip2.Visible = True
    Me.MainMenuStrip = MenuStrip2
    Form2.MdiParent = Me
    Form2.Show()

*solution*