Thread: VB.Net Project not responding to changes made.

Addicted Member

VB.Net Project not responding to changes made.

All of a sudden my vb.net project not responding to any changes made in the project.
    For e.g
    1. I put some msgbox("R") in some click event say -> it's not showing the message.
    2. I put a new menu item in the MDI form and in the click event i put "someform.show" -> Form not getting loaded.

That is to say whatever thing newly i do, it is not responding. Earlier things are working as it is.
    To my knowledge I think I clicked the "Build" in the toolbar of my project sometime in the morning today. Can it be a reason?
    What i need to do ? I am terribly shocked. Can someone help me please ?

Re: VB.Net Project not responding to changes made.

Do all those events have a Handles clause associate with them? The reason I ask is in the event of an object on the form being renamed, the Handles clause might not have been updated
    VB.NET MVP 2008 - Present

It's possible the object cache isn't being properly updated... delete your bin and obj folders and try again... 90% of the time, that works.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Addicted Member

Thanks for your replies.