Thread: m11/m25 junction 6 *** is that circle thing by the road

m11/m25 junction 6 *** is that circle thing by the road

Traveling back from london each day i keep seeing this

Re: m11/m25 junction 6 *** is that circle thing by the road

Name:  full-207-60645-domainku.com_albums_post_history_channel_alien_guy_meme_generator_aliens_98f63b_1.jpg
Views: 12754
Size:  28.7 KB

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

It's probably a monument to Princess Di.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

How did you come to that conclusion ?

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

It's round and there's no water in it.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

w/o a closer look, I'd hazard a guess that it is a helipad for emergency services in the event of a nut behind the steering wheel becoming unstable.
    It looks fairly flat and level and has concentric circles (which would explain the aliens theory, which while still probably, isn't likely - unless there are adjoining concentric circles that we cannot see from this low angle) that I've usually only see in two locations... helipads... and motorcycle training courses... given the locale and proximity to the motorway, the latter is less likely as the alient theory, leaving the helipad theory. Once all of the possibilities have been removed, what ever remains, no matter how improbable, is likely the answer.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Until the aliens show up...

-tg

Addendum - one possibility I didn't consider initially: a helipad for alien motorcycles. You just don't know. I've seen stranger things.
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

I'd say that it is either a target, or a training area for discus throwers with a bad sense of direction. Either way you should stay well clear of it.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Cambridge to London and back sounds like one nasty commute. How long does it take?

Just for fun I used Google Earth to look up the M11/M25 junction. I don't see anything around there that looks like it (the imagery date is from '08), but it sure looks like a helipad to me. Is there a hospital nearby?

Also had to LOL at the towns of Ugley and Ugley Green. Almost makes me want to visit and meet women so I can honestly say I've dated Ugley Green women...
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel
    “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.” - Kimi Raikkonen

You guys are useless lol. It's only been there a little while so google maps wont show any thing. It's next to place iv never heard of called TheyDon (errr) which has an art group called theydon bois art club which brings up the image, which is very much like it is. Yes i know my pictures are bad.

google page does not exist cache

Theydon Bois, Thanks to agrant from Greenarc, our earth-formation artwork at ... long and three metre high earthwork is clearly visible from the M11 motorway.

I'm lost where to go now lol

Cambridge to London depends, between 1.40 mins to 3.30 hours

http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/lear...-bois/artwork/

Thanks to a £45,000 grant from Greenarc, our earth-formation artwork at Theydon Bois wood, Essex, has been created.

The 130 metre long and three metre high earthwork is clearly visible from the M11 motorway.
    Funding

Funding for the project was secured through a grant from Greenarc, which set money aside to directly support arts projects across the UK and was facilitated by Commissions East who also helped us to shortlist and choose the artists.
    Designs

We invited artists from across the UK to submit design ideas for the site. It was hard to shortlist from the excellent work we received but ultimately there could be only one. The artist we chose was Richard Harris, who produced the final design that we recreated on the site.

Richard’s artwork was inspired by tree seeds and has been constructed entirely from soil from the site itself, shaped into concentric seed-shaped mounds. You can even walk along the top of the three metre high mounds, which will eventually be planted with bushes and shrubs on the sloping sides.
    Consultation

Back in 2008 we ran consultation activity to make sure that anyone that was interested in the project could have a say. Since then we’ve worked with Essex County Council to secure the necessary planning permission for the project.

Geoff Sinclair, Woodland Trust site manager, said: "This is a project we've been waiting to get started on for several years so we're delighted to finally get things underway. The final result will be striking and provide a real talking point for visitors to the wood."

Sort of messes up techgnome theory of a heli pad

Someone got paid £45,000 for building a circle in the grass on the side of a highway?

I'm really confused...

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Frenzied Member

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...earthworkl.jpg

Wish I was an alien with a dirt bike.

Quote Originally Posted by ident View Post
    You can even walk along the top of the three metre high mounds, which will eventually be planted with bushes and shrubs on the sloping sides.
    I, for one, am very much relieved to see that. Heck, if you had only been able to walk around the sides of the mounds it would have been totally useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I, for one, am very much relieved to see that. Heck, if you had only been able to walk around the sides of the mounds it would have been totally useless.
    Doesn't walking up a mound require energy? Energy that could be better spent frying bacon.

Mmmmm. Bacon.
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

ident's initial picture doesn't show it as having any height. It's a pretty bad photo when you fail to even include a full dimension in the picture.

Sort of messes up techgnome theory of a heli pad
    Maybe it is a UFO pad!
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Didn't Madonna wear something like that in a concert?

I'm so glad my girlfriend found this forum as have been wondering what it is for ages - I see it most days from my office in the sky.. So what is it?

See attached tweet/photo:-

https://twitter.com/bensunorstace/st...71944516190208

S'art, mate! That's wot that is. Must be cos the bloke wot done it went to art skool. Not one art skool mind! Two. That's artist wiv knobs on! An' it cost 45 grand so it's gotta be art cos a landscape gardener would only've charged you a monkey and a few ponies so it ain't no gardenin' .. s'art!
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Traveling back from london each day i keep seeing this

I have always wondered the same, I thought maybe it was a maze for little kids but I’d love to find out what it actually is 🤔

[QUOTE=ident;4546277]Traveling back from london each day i keep seeing this

I have always wondered the same, I thought maybe it was a maze for little kids.
    Oh it’s actually “Artwork” https://www.guardian-series.co.uk/ne...ork-completed/
    https://www.vbforums.com/images/attach/jpg_thumb.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images