Thread: [URGENT] Do you have good knowledge in CPU scheduling? I have a small doubt on theory

[URGENT] Do you have good knowledge in CPU scheduling? I have a small doubt on theory

Hi,

I would be very greatful if you could give me a small idea regarding a particular question. I won't be able to post the question as it is an individual assignment of my girl friend and posting it here increases the chances of getting negative marks! I am not asking anyone to do it for me. But a small idea on where to start, that would be enough. It's very urgent that's why I am posting it here.

If you are okay with it, then please send me a PM or post a reply and I will send you the details of the question via PM. Please don't think that I am asking you guys to do it for me! Just a kick start is what I want!
    Last edited by Siddharth Rout; Nov 6th, 2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Marked thread resolved by mistake. Was actually subcribing to it.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Re: [URGENT] Do you have good knowledge in CPU scheduling? I have a small doubt on th

Go ahead and post your question here. You've been here long enough to deserve some assistance

Re: [URGENT] Do you have good knowledge in CPU scheduling? I have a small doubt on th

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Go ahead and post your question here. You've been here long enough to deserve some assistance
    He doesn't want to risk his gf getting bad marks. I assume he's referring to the possibility of discovery by her instructor, the reason he doesn't want to post it publicly.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    The problem is I can't post the whole question here as it is an individual assignment for her and posting it publicly would cause trouble! Because what if her friends or teachers saw it. They would consider it as cheating and would certainly degrades her marks or would give penalties for it.

I have been going though the notes, digging back the ideas of those various scheduling algorithms. But the kick start or the whole idea is what I am lacking now!

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Understood. Thought you were talking about Neg Reps from members here.

Guys, I will do anything if you could lend me some hand on this!

She needs to submit it by tomorrow.

I only want to know what scheduling algorithm would best fit for this particular scenario. If you could tell that, I would be very glad. Nothing else needed. Anyone here to help on that?

Its quite difficult to be of assistance if we don't know the problem. Does her instructor know you?
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Discovering Life Siddharth Rout's Avatar

You finally have a girlfriend? No wonder I don't see you here now a days that frequently

BTW, you could encode the question using VB.Net and then post the question here in chit chat?

On a serious note, you know my email ID. Send me an email with the question. Let's take it from there.
    A good exercise for the Heart is to bend down and help another up...
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved

MyGear:
    ★ CPU ★ Ryzen 5 5800X
    ★ GPU ★ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TI Founder Edition
    ★ RAM ★ G. Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3600MHz
    ★ MB ★ ASUS TUF GAMING X570 (WI-FI) ATX Gaming
    ★ Storage ★ SSD SB-ROCKET-1TB + SEAGATE 2TB Barracuda IHD
    ★ Cooling ★ NOCTUA NH-D15 CHROMAX BLACK 140mm + 10 of Noctua NF-F12 PWM
    ★ PSU ★ ANTEC HCG-1000-EXTREME 1000 Watt 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular PSU
    ★ Case ★ LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC XL ROG (BLACK) (G99.O11DXL-X)
    ★ Monitor ★ LG Ultragear 27" 240Hz Gaming Monitor
    ★ Keyboard ★ TVS Electronics Gold Keyboard
    ★ Mouse ★ Logitech G502 Hero

Thanks to all for taking some time to look at this one.

Am sorry for sending private messages(the number of persons I have contacted is only 4 or 5 at vbforums but other than that I have contacted around 75+ of my friends and teachers in total for some ideas!!) asking whether they would be able to shed some light on this. I know I was disturbing you guys. Sorry for that!

Thanks to Niya for giving a start. Thanks to HannesThGreat and si_the_geek for looking at it and replying me. Thanks to PradeepKumar for giving some ideas

We have chosen our own way on writing it. But we are still not sure whether it was the correct one or not. She had submitted it on 6th. Hoping for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by dee-u View Post
    Its quite difficult to be of assistance if we don't know the problem. Does her instructor know you?
    Yeah I know it's difficult. That's why I asked if anyone is okay with it then I would send the details via PM.
    No. Her instructor doesn't know me. But maybe her friends knows as I am on her friends list in FB!

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Rout View Post
    You finally have a girlfriend? No wonder I don't see you here now a days that frequently

BTW, you could encode the question using VB.Net and then post the question here in chit chat?

On a serious note, you know my email ID. Send me an email with the question. Let's take it from there.
    Yeah!
    Now a days what I have been doing is talking to her and thinking about her all the time!
    This December 26th marks 4 years since we first met!
    Still am trying to figure out the best gift that I could give to her on that day! :'(

Thanks sid, I already tried to send you a message on Skype days ago. But you seem to be busy I think. That's why I didn't tried to bother you by emailing.

Discovering Life Siddharth Rout's Avatar

Nope I didn't get any message on skype

>Still am trying to figure out the best gift that I could give to her on that day! :'(

Give a collage of pictures of the good time spent together
    A good exercise for the Heart is to bend down and help another up...
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved

MyGear:
    ★ CPU ★ Ryzen 5 5800X
    ★ GPU ★ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TI Founder Edition
    ★ RAM ★ G. Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3600MHz
    ★ MB ★ ASUS TUF GAMING X570 (WI-FI) ATX Gaming
    ★ Storage ★ SSD SB-ROCKET-1TB + SEAGATE 2TB Barracuda IHD
    ★ Cooling ★ NOCTUA NH-D15 CHROMAX BLACK 140mm + 10 of Noctua NF-F12 PWM
    ★ PSU ★ ANTEC HCG-1000-EXTREME 1000 Watt 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular PSU
    ★ Case ★ LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC XL ROG (BLACK) (G99.O11DXL-X)
    ★ Monitor ★ LG Ultragear 27" 240Hz Gaming Monitor
    ★ Keyboard ★ TVS Electronics Gold Keyboard
    ★ Mouse ★ Logitech G502 Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Rout View Post
    Give a collage of pictures of the good time spent together
    Good idea.. but we only spend time online all these time!
    She is staying at a very long distance! Am planning to visit her soon. BTW, don't tell this to anyone..! I want to surprise her!!