B4J - Building an ecosystem

I'm happy to say that the work on a new product named B4J (yes, this is the full name) has begun.
I previously discussed this idea here: Develop Windows apps with Basic4android? What do you think?

B4J is a programming environment very similar to Basic4android that creates standard Java applications. Such applications can run on many platforms including Windows, Mac and Linux.

The first version of B4J will support two types of apps: non-UI apps and UI apps. The UI will be based on JavaFX 2.

Programming with B4J will be simpler than Basic4android as a standard Java app is simpler than an Android app. There are no activities and services, only code modules and classes (code modules can handle events in B4J).

Non-UI code and code not specific to Android can be easily used in B4J. This means that existing modules such as HttpUtils2, DateUtils and RDC (remote database connector) can be used with B4J.

B4J will be free for both personal and commercial usage.

I believe that the first beta will be available in 4 - 6 weeks (though it can take longer).
Basic4android compiles to Dalvik bytecode for creating native Android applications using a VB-like language.

B4J will use a similar language syntax. It can serve as a bridge to learning B4A, and for creating back-end services running on Windows that your B4A applications can consume remotely.