Thread: [RESOLVED] Capturing part of a Form

PowerPoster

Resolved [RESOLVED] Capturing part of a Form

On a Form I have several controls of which one is a picturebox. On top of the picturebox is an UC Image Control that shows some colored lines effects. I need to copy the picture that is in the picturebox and also the colored lines that have been drawn on the UC Image Control to another Form. I can copy the picturebox and the picture that is in the UC Image Control but not the colored lines drawn on top of the UC Image Control.

If I do this:

Form2.UCimg1.Picture = Form1.UCimg1.Picture
    Form2.picResults.Picture = Form1.picResults.Picture

I get both pictures but not the colored lines that were drawn on the UC Image Control.

So it occurs to me that maybe I could simply take a snap shot of the area on the Form that is occupied by the Picturebox. I know how to capture the entire Form but not a portion of it.

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

Re: Capturing part of a Form

JMS

This is admittedly rather crude, but, since you know how to capture the entire
    Form, maybe you could start from there.

On the other form, add 2 controls .. PictureBox1, and PictureBox2, where PB2 is
    contained within PB1.

PB1 will serve as a "mask" .. make it the size you eventually want to see
    PB2 will be bigger, the size of the 1st Form. Put the captured shot in this PB.

By playing with PB2.Top and PB2.Left, you ought to be able to position PB2
    such that you only see the region that you want to see (as delimited by PB1).

Spoo

PowerPoster

Re: Capturing part of a Form

Thanks, Spoo, but I already figured it out

Code:
    Private Sub CapturePicture()
     Dim ControlDC As Long

ControlDC = GetDC(frmHairColorSimulator.hWND)   

BitBlt Picture2.hdc, _
             0, 0, _
             Picture2.Width, Picture2.Height, _
             ControlDC, _
             picResultsContainer.Left, picResultsContainer.Top, _
             SRCCOPY

Picture2.Refresh

Form2.picResults.Picture = Form1.Picture2.Picture
    End Sub
    I don't need to do the UC because on Form2 only the total results are needed which is on top of Form1.picResults so the BitBlt picks up both the picture and the UC overlay

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.