Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What watch do you wear?

Question What watch do you wear?

I'm wondering what watch are you using?
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Re: What watch do you wear?

I don't have a watch...lol.

I seem to be incomplete when I am not wearing a watch, been wearing one since I was 12.
    Regards,

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Addicted Member

I have a fossil townsman which I rarely use, except for special occasions. I honestly have zero to non use for it because I usually wake up from an alarm clock and my work revolves around computers not to mention I'm on a flexible schedule

Just purchased a Seiko divers and loving it. I need to know when it is already time to go home so I always need a watch. =)
    Regards,

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I use a G Shock and love it. It's got a recessed face which is perfect for me as a rock climber because I'm always banging it into stuff and this always cracked the faces of my previous watches. In fact it's tougher than Norris in general and has taken all sorts of abuse form me. I also went with the one with metal strap because it's more durable and is just about smart enough to pass as a dress watch when I'm trying to look smart.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

My wife buys me watches from Avon or Honey. I have a watch for every week of the month. I love my rings, bracelets and watches. Going for the whole "gangster" look - I even have tattoos

On a serious note, I do not know if you guys knew about Camel watches?

My parents baught me and my elder brother one each for Christmas - 1988. I still have it. Still works perfectly ( except obviously the battery that needs changing ). I wear it to special occasions like family get togethers, funerals, weddings. Hopefully when my daughter gets a baby boy ( many years from now ) it will still work so that I can pass it on to him
    Last edited by HanneSThEGreaT; Oct 12th, 2013 at 04:00 AM.
    VB.NET MVP 2008 - Present

Discovering Life Siddharth Rout's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dee-u View Post
    I seem to be incomplete when I am not wearing a watch
    Me too... BUT

I decided not to wear any watch till the time I can afford my dream watch. I have a Swatch but since last November, I stopped wearing it.
    My dream watch is a Tag and costs around INR 1,40,000.00 (Approx $2300) Been saving frantically for it... Let's see when will I be able to buy that...
    A good exercise for the Heart is to bend down and help another up...
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved

MyGear:
    ★ CPU ★ Ryzen 5 5800X
    ★ GPU ★ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TI Founder Edition
    ★ RAM ★ G. Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3600MHz
    ★ MB ★ ASUS TUF GAMING X570 (WI-FI) ATX Gaming
    ★ Storage ★ SSD SB-ROCKET-1TB + SEAGATE 2TB Barracuda IHD
    ★ Cooling ★ NOCTUA NH-D15 CHROMAX BLACK 140mm + 10 of Noctua NF-F12 PWM
    ★ PSU ★ ANTEC HCG-1000-EXTREME 1000 Watt 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular PSU
    ★ Case ★ LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC XL ROG (BLACK) (G99.O11DXL-X)
    ★ Monitor ★ LG Ultragear 27" 240Hz Gaming Monitor
    ★ Keyboard ★ TVS Electronics Gold Keyboard
    ★ Mouse ★ Logitech G502 Hero

I stopped wearing watches 30 years ago - they had no effect on whether I was going to arrive on time and only led to added stress.

Ditch the watch is my motto

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Addicted Member

When I was still at elementary school I used to have this casio remote watch. After school me and my friends would go to the mall and mess with the guy on the television store he would get creeped out as we change the channel of every television on display

My dream watch is a Tag and costs around INR 1,40,000.00 (Approx $2300) B....
    apart from showing the date & time , what are all it doe's for that cost
    i wear titan
    The averted nuclear war
    My notes:

PrOtect your PC. MSDN Functions .OOP LINUX forum
    .LINQ LINQ videous
    If some one helps you please rate them with out fail , forum doesn't expects any thing other than this

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by make me rain View Post
    apart from showing the date & time , what are all it doe's for that cost
    i wear titan
    I think it's like having to ride an old beaten up volks wagen hunchback against riding a ferrari to work

I wear a Casio Pathfinder, which is kind of an amped up G-Shock with an excellent altimiter/barometer, a pretty lousy compass, thermometer, and such good waterproofing that the alarm is so muffled as to be pretty much worthless. It also synchs to time signals and is solar. After about five years, the battery still shows Hi power. I don't know how long this battery will last, but with the solar power, it could be decades. It has the recessed, protected, face of the G-Shock, too. A pretty sweet watch, actually. I stopped buying good watches because I ruined them so quickly that they weren't worth it. I only decided to buy this one because I realized I hadn't destroyed a cheap watch in years.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

shock proof , water proof , Battery life, belt life , Day / night display worth considering
    altimiter/barometer, a pretty lousy compass, thermometer,
    Ha watch is multi skilled
    any body can hire it
    from solder to sailor to doctor to climber to diver to programmer ( i think stop watch is thr ) to Driver to ............. for all R's
    The averted nuclear war
    My notes:

.LINQ LINQ videous
    If some one helps you please rate them with out fail , forum doesn't expects any thing other than this

A Timex with a digital read out of day month and date that has a button to light up the display at night.

I don't wear a watch but I carry one... I've gone old school and use a pocket watch. It's analog, just the time, no date or anything else... nice and simple.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

I use a handheld long range communication device built by Nokia that has a meter to measure time.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    measure time.
    I might go as far to say that time is infinite and cannot be measured (like that NULL in SQL)...
    Last edited by szlamany; Oct 14th, 2013 at 05:23 AM.

i would like to say that or say better equate time to
    time is ( not equal or any other operator ) , time is one which neither born nor die
    this is almost the definition of god
    the one who not have the birth and death or the one who beyond the cycle of birth and death
    but in existence
    Last edited by make me rain; Oct 14th, 2013 at 04:53 AM.
    The averted nuclear war
    My notes:

.LINQ LINQ videous

SQL has become my religion - help me

[seriously] I thank God every day! [/seriously]
    Last edited by szlamany; Oct 14th, 2013 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    I might go as far to say that time is infinite and cannot be measured (like that NULL in SQL)...
    There is a bit switch in SQL to let SQL know if a coulmn is null or not...there nothing magic or mystical about it.

That's got to be the dark side of the force

Bikinis.

Oh, wait, I misread the subject. That answer is for the question: What wear do you watch?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

The averted nuclear war
    My notes:

.LINQ LINQ videous

Banned

I have SEIKO , I am using it for the last 3 years.

Recently been using Fastrack's basic model.

I used to look at my mobile to check the time when am outside(have a big analog clock widget in home screen) and when am inside home, would look at the bottom right corner of my monitor screen! :P

The only thing I wanted to have in my watch is that it should be water proof to a certain extend, as I don't wan't it to stop functioning during rains! Other than that, I don't want anything extra in it!

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

This is the pocket watch I use...
    Name:  2834974_f260.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  19.6 KB
    Gives me the time, and if I remember to reset it each month, the date (day of the month at least).

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    This is the pocket watch I use...
    Name:  2834974_f260.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  19.6 KB
    Wow! That is really unique! Looks stunning

Thanks. As a lefty, I have a tendency to wear watches on my right wrist, which makes using the mouse uncomfortable, which is the main reason I stopped wearing wrist watches and went to the pocket watch. I've had it for a few years now. I love it. I get odd looks from people when checking the time.
    And actually, it's not all that unique... I found it at Walmart of all places... $12... best investment in a watch I've ever made. Probably best purchase I've made from Walmart too! in fact that image was pulled from a google image search (I didn't have one of my specifically handy)... one of the top results just happened to be the same two-tone version that I have ... in the process though, I did find some other designs I like too. I may have to start a collection...

-tg

Karen Payne MVP kareninstructor's Avatar

I use my phone, computer or iPad for time, stop wearing a watch about 30 years ago.

PowerPoster

My grandfather used to buy a new "dollar" pocket watch every year and give the old one to one of us kids. The cheapos back then wore the bearings out after a while and no longer kept good time. He had a night job as a railroad conductor (dairy farmer "by day" where "day" started at 4 AM) and claimed that for the first year or so these dollar watches met railroad accuracy requirements.

Later I found the same exact watches being sold in dime stores (guess today these would be "dollar stores" but they were far more upscale than the "dollar store" of today). They were priced closer to $4 (US prices here) but hadn't changed. Those dime stores often had a nice selection of cheap and practical pocket and penknives too.

Funny, but nobody gave a second thought to an 8 year old buying a pocket knife back then.

I had been buying a certain model Seiko for years. Its precise "style" varied somewhat over time but as a classic it was in production for a couple of decades. Over time the plating would wear or the band might break, so I think over time I bought about 3 of them.

The "current" one has sat on a shelf for 2 years though (still "ticking" away). I just don't have the need and fell out of the habit of wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Thanks. As a lefty, I have a tendency to wear watches on my right wrist, which makes using the mouse uncomfortable....
    You're a left-hander that uses the mouse with his right ? I always though the mouse would be easier to use with your default hand. I guess any hand can be trained to act as Hand Main()
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

PowerPoster

Nah. Left-handed myself and mouse with the right. Don't ask me to draw or write with it, but otherwise it's less hassle in a biased world.

I even played several brass instruments back in my school days and always fingered right-handed. Left-hand cornets, French horns, alto horns, etc. were a bit pricey.

I am right handed. Due to an operation I was forced to use my left hand ( even with my watch on it ) for the mouse. So, I can in fact basically use a mouse with both hands. Can even write a bit with my left hand too

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Nah. Left-handed myself and mouse with the right. Don't ask me to draw or write with it, but otherwise it's less hassle in a biased world.

I even played several brass instruments back in my school days and always fingered right-handed. Left-hand cornets, French horns, alto horns, etc. were a bit pricey.
    Well that is surprising. I'm right handed and could only use the mouse effectively with that hand, yet you guys can use with the opposite hand to your default. I'm more inclined to think that you guys are dual handed. Then again, I think the most sure and accepted way to determine handedness is by writing. As you've said, you cant write with your right.

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT View Post
    I am right handed. Due to an operation I was forced to use my left hand ( even with my watch on it ) for the mouse. So, I can in fact basically use a mouse with both hands. Can even write a bit with my left hand too
    I envy you guys. I can't do s*** with my left hand other than have it lend support for my right.

PowerPoster

Before starting school my mother taught me to write with my right hand. Once I started school they switched me to the left hand.

Now all I can write right-handed is my full name, and the signature is radically different from my "real" one.

I write best with my left... I can write slowly with my right ... but only because I made a conscious effort years ago to do so (it was after I had broken my right wrist and I realized that if it happened to my left I'd be puckered up...) and only in print, I can't sign or do any thing in cursive with my right ... but... I write with my left hand, I catch and throw as a lefty, but I'm a switch batter, and yet I play tennis as a lefty, and I also shoot as a righty... go figure. To some extent I'm ambidextrous, but a large part of that comes from necessity, being in a right-hand biased world.

True story - first grade... art class... teacher asks who is a lefty in the class... I knew enough at the time to know that I was, so I raised my hand... and she gave me a pair of scissors to use for the project. I struggled with using them... something felt wrong. I'm not sure if I said something at that point or if she noticed I was having issues, but she came over, took them out of my right hand and shoved them into my left hand and said I was using them wrong... I immediately moved them back into my right hand and struggled... she had given me lefty scissors... but I cut with my right hand... I always had, so I didn't know any different. It did get sorted out and I got a "regular" pair of scissors after that... and I learned to verify "why" when some one asks me if I'm a lefty or not... because in some cases I'm not a lefty.

-tg

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    I envy you guys. I can't do s*** with my left hand other than have it lend support for my right.
    Thanks, but it was mostly out of necessity. I had a very bad injury on my hand a couple of years ago, so I had to adapt very very quickly. Being as stubborn as I am, I taught myself a lot of things with the left hand. Again, still being stubborn, my wife drove me to the doctors a couple of weeks later - because she felt sorry for me, or I think she was just angry because I ddin't want her to help with small things. It was so bad that I had to brush my teeth with my left hand. Basic things, real basic things that you take for granted are very difficult to learn again, or over.

I battled for months, even years - still go to the doctor regularly concerning my hand situation. It is the nerves that got damaged, but after a couple of operations and a few horrible procedures it has become better.

I had to do physical therapy and yada yada yada. The best thing is having a Wii. We have this tennis game, and no one can beat me - why? Well, I play with both hands - I keep moving the remote from one hand to the other.

I guess, once you have taught yourself to do something, it is very difficult to unlearn it. Mostly it is out of habit now

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Left handed people are sinister
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast