Thread: [VB] A quicky pic display program. Friday night newb coder help! :)

Hybrid View

Red face [VB] A quicky pic display program. Friday night newb coder help! :)

I'd really appreciate if you guys could help me out with some code for this super fast image changing thingy I'm doing. I want to use it to do my own animated cartoon stuff with V.B. as the player. Sorta like a vb flip-book

Okie...so I've made a form that is 909px wide & 909px tall. With 1 picture box that is 900 by 900px..., 1 timer.... 1 button called "Select_Folder_Btn" .... 1 button called "Start_Btn"

Here's what I want it to do... I want to be able to select a folder on my pc... the program should automatically display every jpeg / jpg / gif / png (from the folder) in the image box, with a 100ms pause between each photo.

When it reach's the end of files to display...it will just loop from the start all over again :blush
    dim jenn as geek = true
    Learning ~ Visual Basic 2010 ~ in free time between college/work -
    currently looking for a 'programming buddy' / 'coder friend' / and or 'mentor'. p.m. me if you
    have ANY free time AT ALL I'm like 33% of a novice level ~ willing 2 listen/learn +
    i am totally super motivated & promise to make an effffin amazing protege!!! #swag

| -_-_- -_-_- |
    ...W.T..F!?.....
    ||| Matter on the atomic/quantum level isn't solid or even matter at all. It can also exist in at least 2 places simultaneously (demonstrated in lab). It's position can only be established when it's actually observed. If we turn our back on it... it goes back to a wave form. History show's that every previous generation (since the beginning of time) got almost everything wrong. Then it might very well stand to reason that up is down & right can be wrong. Admit it.. our combined perception of reality is just that, we know absolutely nothing of actual reality & to think we do is simply subscribing to a "ignorance is bliss" mantra |||

Re: [VB] A quicky pic display program. Friday night newb coder help! :)

Here are some types and members that you will need to investigate: FolderBrowserDialog, Directory.GetFiles, Image.FromFile, Timer. You should be able to make a start with that. When you bump into an actual issue, you should post back with what you've done and where you're stuck.

Re: [VB] A quicky pic display program. Friday night newb coder help! :)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    Here are some types and members that you will need to investigate: FolderBrowserDialog, Directory.GetFiles, Image.FromFile, Timer. You should be able to make a start with that. When you bump into an actual issue, you should post back with what you've done and where you're stuck.
    Awesome thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I'll post back when I've got something & leave the code I make for anyone that finds this post via a search/google result
    dim jenn as geek = true
    Learning ~ Visual Basic 2010 ~ in free time between college/work -
    currently looking for a 'programming buddy' / 'coder friend' / and or 'mentor'. p.m. me if you
    have ANY free time AT ALL I'm like 33% of a novice level ~ willing 2 listen/learn +
    i am totally super motivated & promise to make an effffin amazing protege!!! #swag

| -_-_- -_-_- |
    ...W.T..F!?.....
    ||| Matter on the atomic/quantum level isn't solid or even matter at all. It can also exist in at least 2 places simultaneously (demonstrated in lab). It's position can only be established when it's actually observed. If we turn our back on it... it goes back to a wave form. History show's that every previous generation (since the beginning of time) got almost everything wrong. Then it might very well stand to reason that up is down & right can be wrong. Admit it.. our combined perception of reality is just that, we know absolutely nothing of actual reality & to think we do is simply subscribing to a "ignorance is bliss" mantra |||