Thread: Access Tab / Listbox OLE server disconnecting (win 7)

Access Tab / Listbox OLE server disconnecting (win 7)

Hi

Access is being a right pain in the A...

Over the last several days, whilst editting a form that has a tab control in it (due to the amount of controls) it has repeatedly errored with an error code about an OLE server not registered.

Whats even more annoying is that it erases all labels not associated with another control on the pages in the tab. Oh and that then it refuses to run the code to fill the listboxes and combo boxes.

Literally ten minutes ago, was all working fine.

Sigh.

I have recreated the form (copying in the controls and code) and it usually works for a while, but then errors again.

Whilst searching the web, there is mention of embedded pictures or word docs... Its neither of these.

Curiously, one place mentioned anti virus may be interferring. But as I only have AVG free, I doubt that.

Has anyone come across this before and how did you fix it (assuming you did) ?

I'm going to recreate the form again now. But I'd like to know for future reference.

I fill the list boxes with a class module coding as the value list doesn't do what I want and linking tables directly is just, well no, I am not doing that.

Any one has any pointers feel free to post pls!

Last edited by Ecniv; Oct 8th, 2013 at 03:38 PM.

BOFH Now, BOFH Past, Information on duplicates

Feeling like a fly on the inside of a closed window (Thunk!)
    If I post a lot, it is because I am bored at work! ;D Or stuck...
    * Anything I post can be only my opinion. Advice etc is up to you to persue...