Thread: Something Weird Going On?

Something Weird Going On?

Hi guys,

Just so that you know, I have just made a few posts which seem to be getting added to the forum, eventually, but are not showing in the "Whats New" list. In addition to this when posting, things do not seem to complete and refresh and so I have no idea if things actually completed or not, hence a retry. Not sure if others are experiencing the same problem?

Cheers,

Ian

[Edit] All seems OK now?? No idea what went on there so not to worry.

Re: Something Weird Going On?

I'll assume based on your edit that this is resolved. I had seen your newest post in the what's new list.
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Brad,

Yeah, all seems fine now, but after a few weird things going on I ended up with three posts on the same thread I was helping out on? It must have just been my own internet connection.

Cheers,

Ian

Maybe the "What's New" list refreshes after a certain amount of time such as the post reply counter does?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Which browser are you using? In IE for example, any of the three settings (that are not selected) in the attached pic could cause the behavior you described.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Steve, NightWalker83,

Whatever the problem was yesterday I have not had a re-occurrence of this issue so I can only assume that this had to have been something to do with my own internet connection.

However, to specifically answer both of your questions:-

1) I am using Google Chrome as my web browser so the options mentioned Steve do not come into play here. Cheers for the idea though.

2) My experience with the "What's New" list over the past year has been to see new posts coming into the Forum,, click on and respond to that post if I can and then immediately see my own reply in the what's new list. This way I always know that things have been posted and recorded correctly. However yesterday, like I said, was just weird since none of that happened and I ended up posting the same comments Three times to a single thread since I had no idea what was going on?

It must have been those Little Green Men at play?

Cheers,

Ian