Thread: Obtaining a POST from a website form

Addicted Member

Obtaining a POST from a website form

using winsock, i am able to create a webserver. my web page has a text field and a submit button. whenever the submit button on my page is clicked, my program receives it.

my problem is that i'm not getting what was entered in the text field when the user clicks the submit button... just the POST header.

PowerPoster

Re: Obtaining a POST from a website form

Could be anything. Only looking at your code will tell

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

PowerPoster

Re: Obtaining a POST from a website form

POST (HTTP)

When a web browser sends a POST request from a web form element, the default Internet media type is "application/x-www-form-urlencoded".[8] This is a format for encoding key-value pairs with possibly duplicate keys. Each key-value pair is separated by an '&' character, and each key is separated from its value by an '=' character. Keys and values are both escaped by replacing spaces with the '+' character and then using URL encoding on all other non-alphanumeric[9] characters.
    This is returned in the payload body, which follows the HTTP headers (delimited by CrLfCrLf).