Thread: Table DetailsView Columns

Frenzied Member

Table DetailsView Columns

Hi guys

I am trying to build a program that will have 3 DetailsView side by side but I want to have an empty textbox next to each field

I cant seem to be able to get a column in between and I don't see a way to add a column to the detailsView only a field

Here is what I want it to look like

DetailsView:

Field Name Value I want to add
    Color Red MyTextBox

Anyone have any ideas, perhaps there is a better control? or way to set this up

My program is reading a textfile from the users computer using text field parser and creating a data table then I am using the details view to display that data vertically rather then horizontally
    So instead of

Adress City state

I can go

Address
    City
    State

King of sapila

Re: Table DetailsView Columns

If i understand correctly then you need templatefileds. Here is an example with a label and a textbox next to each other.
    Code:
     <asp:DetailsView ID="DetailsView1" runat="server" Height="50px" Width="350px" >
            <Fields>
            <asp:TemplateField>
            <HeaderTemplate> 
                <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="head"></asp:Label></HeaderTemplate>
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <asp:Label ID="Label2" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("ifyouwanttoevalsomething") %>'></asp:Label> &nbsp 
                    <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" style="color:Red"></asp:TextBox>
                </ItemTemplate>
            </asp:TemplateField>
            </Fields>
            </asp:DetailsView>
    After that is up to you.If you want to have labels in separate rows you can do:
    Code:
     <asp:TemplateField>
            <HeaderTemplate> 
                <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="head"></asp:Label></HeaderTemplate>
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <asp:Label ID="Label2" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("ifyouwanttoevalsomething") %>'></asp:Label> <br />
                    <asp:Label ID="Label2" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("ifyouwanttoevalsomethingelse") %>'></asp:Label> <br />
                    <asp:Label ID="Label2" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("ifyouwanttoevalsomethingfinal") %>'></asp:Label>
                </ItemTemplate>
            </asp:TemplateField>
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Frenzied Member

Thanks but that not is what I am trying to do I don't need another field(row) I need another column

A DetailsView

Column0 abc
    Column1 abc
    Column3 abc

I need or want

Column0 abc def
    Column1 abc def
    Column2 abc def

either add the column to details view which it doesn't seem can be done, use another control or manually add column/table between my DetailsView (which I cant seem to do either)

Frenzied Member

Name:  BPOScreenshot.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  109.3 KB

like this