Thread: POP up Message on client application

POP up Message on client application

i am trying to make an application (admin + client) which can pop up messages on the network computer in which client application is installed.

means first i will install client application on my network computers and when i will send a message from admin pannel, all client application should pop up
    that message on the window screen, which is sent by the admin.

so that it can be used to broadcast the message to all nodes, and the client application not need to be signned in, it should auto start with windows

need help it in making in .net or vb6

Re: POP up Message on client application

"client + admin" ? I'm curious as to why you're not thinking of it as a server. Could you explain that ?
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    "client + admin" ? I'm curious as to why you're not thinking of it as a server. Could you explain that ?
    Actually i want to send messages to all client PC connected in my network from this application installed.
    it may be from server side but i want that only admin can send messages to all client PC in which the client application is installed

one message to many

i am trying it from vb, any help from u will be very helpful for me

You say that the client need not be signed in, but will it be the client app that auto starts? Theoretically, you could just have the client app listening for UDP packets and broadcast from your server. This should work pretty well in most cases, but UDP is an unreliable protocol, which means that there is no guarantee that any particular message will get through. In practice, I haven't had any problems with packets being dropped, but on a noisy network it is certainly possible. UDP would probably be the easiest way to make this happen, since it handles broadcasts well. If you go with TCP then each client would have to be working as a server, because the admin panel would be establishing a connection to the client, sending the message, then disconnecting. That could be made to work, but seems like a lot of overhead.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Well maybe you can use UDP as a discovery mechanism and then use TCP for the actual communication. Its more complex but it wouldn't need a server.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    dilettante,

The install files are no longer active. Any way to still get them? I got the source and am trying to locate my copy of VB6, but until then I would like to begin testing this out.

Thanks

PowerPoster

You're right, the file host seemed to deactivate my account for some reason. Back online for a few days now.