Thread: [HttpWebRequest] Twitter Client

[HttpWebRequest] Twitter Client

A project i wrote for a friend requiring automated updates to Twitter using the HttpWebRequest Class.

The main focus of this request was the Post data class and no UI was ever intended. The security token, page source, webbrowser and minimal NotifierHandler.vb class where left for my own debugging. Keep in mind this was written about 18 months ago and for the past year rotting on my HD so twitter may of changed slightly. There are also some methods i would write differently now.

That said i never had any use for it or ever planned to work past the Three requirements Login, Logout & of course Tweet. I hope a few of you can get some enjoyment out of the classes. It would be nice to see a fully working client with a few options.

As for bug reports & suggestions feel free to post but i have no intention of implementing or re writing any of the source code. Take from it what you wish.

All exe been removed. Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: [HttpWebRequest] Twitter Client

Beautiful
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Always got such kind words Niya

woooowwww... Nice Coding Brother,,,

It's getting a little old now, could do with some TLC from somebody with some spare time. But thank you.

Man you are doing more than Excellent work... thnx specially for the Multithreading Tut post u did, Great work

Thanks for this!

Does it still even work?

Quote Originally Posted by ident View Post
    Does it still even work?
    Sorry it took me so long to reply, I haven't tried running the project, just wanted to see how you passed the sign in token mate