Thread: Hide DOS screen

Hide DOS screen

I am doing a ftp in a .net windows application and running FTP commands from a .txt file. Is there a way to supress or not show the DOS screen when executing the application? Thank you.

Code:
    objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    oExec = objShell.exec(cmdFTP & Chr(34) & scriptFolderName & "\" & scriptFileName & Chr(34))
    FTP script File

PHP Code:
    open 11.111.1.1
    userid
    password
    cd 
    /linuxmachine/data/myproject
    lcd 
    \\sharedfolder\data\myproject
    ascii
    prompt off
    mget P
    disconnect
    bye 

Re: Hide DOS screen

Can't you use Run instead of Exec?
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Quote Originally Posted by snufse View Post
    ...I am doing a ftp in a .net windows application...
    Wait a sec.....are you saying that you're writing this VB.Net ?
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

There are built in FTP commands in .NET that you could execute without the need of the Dos window.

have look at the following classes :

TcpClient
    NetworkStream

PowerPoster

Looks like a WSH script to me.

Who else names variables anything like "objXXXX" anyway? That's a habit derived from Microsoft's internal script kiddies: TechNet box jocky ("admin") types.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    ....TechNet box jocky ("admin") types.
    What a colourful description.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Lively Member