Thread: Icon of exe changes back to original "white form and green title" icon in Windows 7

Lively Member

Icon of exe changes back to original "white form and green title" icon in Windows 7

I am using the code in this thread to add icons with alpha channels to my app.
    The icon shows perfectly in the taskbar and in the form, and in the explorer windows too.
    But only when the view is not set to 'Medium Icons' or 'Large Icons'.
    When I set the view to one of this, or when I manually zoom the icons using CTRL + MOUSE SCROLL UP the icon changes from the one I set to the original VB6 'white form & green title' icon.

How can I change this?
    I used IcoFX to create the icon which has sizes up to 256x256 just to be sure.

Thank you so much

Re: Icon of exe changes back to original "white form and green title" icon in Window

The vbAdvance IDE add-in allows you to replace the default icon VB uses for executables without using any code.
    On Local Error Resume Next: If Not Empty Is Nothing Then Do While Null: ReDim i(True To False) As Currency: Loop: Else Debug.Assert CCur(CLng(CInt(CBool(False Imp True Xor False Eqv True)))): Stop: On Local Error GoTo 0
    Declare Sub CrashVB Lib "msvbvm60" (Optional DontPassMe As Any)

Lively Member

Re: Icon of exe changes back to original "white form and green title" icon in Window

That worked great Bonnie. Thank you so much