Thread: Tapi Telephone Answering System

PowerPoster

Tapi Telephone Answering System

I wrote this about 12 - 13 years ago when I was on Dial-Up and I had a phone modem (with voice) installed. I wrote it using VB 5 (I think) and on Windows 98

When I had it installed it did incoming and outgoing calls. On incoming it did voice greetings and other voice things. It detects dial tones. Caller could leave message. If I wasn't home this app would call me on my cell phone and inform me of a call I missed giving me the number. I also used this to activate my home security camera system. I would call home and this would answer my call and I would enter a special code which would cause this app to load and run the security software. I built this application as I was learning TAPI and it took me over 6-months to complete. It was my biggest challenge at that time.

You will need to make your own wave files or contact me and I will email them to you
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jmsrickland; Aug 2nd, 2013 at 04:56 PM.

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

Re: Tapi Telephone Answering System

Dear jmsrickland
    I am trying to write a program using TAPI to accept a call through voice modem.
    When my PC answers to the call, it is sending a wav file
    On this project I am facing 2 problems and I would very much appreciate it if you could help me
    1. After my PC plays the wav file, I don't know how to shut the line
    2. I cannot accept a second call. To be able to accept a second call I have to terminate the program and run it again
    Can you please help me?

Dear jmsrickland

I understand that you wrote the code for Tapi Telephone Answering System 12-13 years ago.
    Can you please take a short look in your code and tell me how I can shutdown the line using code right after my PC plays a wav file?
    I really don't know how to do it.

Sincerely Yours,
    Bill Dimitriou

Dear jmsrickland,

If you want, please find some time and help me

Lively Member

Can your program answer and identify those damn pesky fraudulent callers by automatically identifying them? I would like to track them down,via reverse phone listings.Anyway to identify the calling number?