Thread: MCSD questions...

I have got MCSD status now, and passed all 4 exams for the first time.

I think there are two main reasons to get certified.
    The first reason is, like Lethal already said, industry recognition. It looks good on your resumee.
    The second reason is, and I found it out after I started, was that you got a wider knowlegde about Vb (assuming you do the VB exams). Before I started studying, I had knowlegde about the things I needed to know, and about the things I liked to know. Now i have a good insight in the whole package, and if I might need it, I know where to find it.

A good test to know if your prepared well enough, is taking a transcender exam (www.transcender.com). I know they are expensive, but it are the only test exams that are similar to the real ones. If you pass the transcender exams, you most likely pass the real ones too.

I studied for it by taking instructor ledd classes (the company paid).
    But in addition to these (and the Microsoft study material that came with it) I used the New Riders books (www.newriders.com). They are pretty good. Just don't rely on the test exams that come with the books, only the transcender exams are like the real ones.

Good luck

Exactly, I read the new riders book and used the transcender. I studied for thee days and passed the first one. I gotta take SQL Server for my third one this month. Wish me luck!

Good luck, Lethal

Thanks Francs!

Hyperactive Member
    Congratulations for the first exam and good luck for the second one.

Way to go, Lethal !!!

By the way, which exam did you pass? what can you tell us about it?

If things were easy, users might be programmers.

Good luck lethal!!!!!!!!! oh I wonder if it's worth it for me to get certified with MS, like MCSD or something, cuz I already have a Bachelor's in CompSci...but MCSD looks cool. If i were to get MS certified, it'd definately be for MCSD and that DBA one for SQL MCDBA or somehting hehe, once again, good luck!
    Ah read ur *****scope and eat some *****durrrvs!

Thanks, the best advice I can give is get Howard Hawhee's MCSD Visual Basic book and if you can afford it, get the transcender's. I passed the vb desktop without a problem. But, COM & Package and Deployement & Debugging are the huge areas of the test. Also, I wouldnt' sweat the time issue like many say, I got done with over a half hour to go. I plan on getting my MCSD and MCDBA this summer. (Hopefully ) I already have my Computer Info Systems degree and Management degree. Good luck fella's, I'll let ya know how it goes!