Thread: [RESOLVED] any way to prevent applications from moving your cursor?

Fanatic Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] any way to prevent applications from moving your cursor?

title kind of says it all.. i'm playing a game and every time i start the game, it moves the cursor to the center of the primary monitor, and this has become annoying, because when i launch it, i'm always doing something else on the secondary monitor. since the game is using anti-cheating software, it has to be run with UAC.

Re: any way to prevent applications from moving your cursor?

Not sure if Auto Mouse Mover can do it or not.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Fanatic Member

had a look at the application, that wont be able to do it since it would require that i know where the cursor is when the game moves the cursor.. (this really can be very annoying when you're using the mouse)

What position do you want to mouse to stay at?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Fanatic Member

wherever i leave it at or use it at, while working on my other monitor. the result i hope for is one where the game or any other program wont be able to move my mouse cursor.
    using other programs to move it back would require that i was psychic, and in my reality there is no such thing.

unless of course there is a way to detect (using code) that the mouse was moved by a program, that would solve my problem actually..
    Last edited by Justa Lol; Jul 30th, 2013 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Lol View Post
    unless of course there is a way to detect (using code) that the mouse was moved by a program, that would solve my problem actually..
    You could try detecting when the cursor changes position (by polling using GetCursorPos) after your program shells the game. Then when you've detected the change, you can then set the cursor back to its former position through SetCursorPos.
    On Local Error Resume Next: If Not Empty Is Nothing Then Do While Null: ReDim i(True To False) As Currency: Loop: Else Debug.Assert CCur(CLng(CInt(CBool(False Imp True Xor False Eqv True)))): Stop: On Local Error GoTo 0
    Declare Sub CrashVB Lib "msvbvm60" (Optional DontPassMe As Any)

Fanatic Member

omg why did i not think of that. i was on to mouse_event earlier today but just didn't think much of it since what i intended to do was completely block the game from using it. thanks.

i'll mark this topic as resolved for now.